User Tag List

Thread: R.I.P. Kent White, AKA The Tin Man of TMTechnologies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default R.I.P. Kent White, AKA The Tin Man of TMTechnologies

My browser's bookmarks to TMTechnologies were all acting weird, and after some poking about, I found out that Kent White, AKA The Tin Man of TMTechnologies passed away this past May (2024)!

Anyone know what happened and if TMTechnologies and its products will be continued by someone else?

Update: So the following site(forum) provides some details:
    http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.ph...ip-kent.10484/

In post #13 the OP writes:
    "Today I received a call from Lorien Whitestone, Kent's daughter. She asked if I could post this message on the metal shaping sites. Please feel free to share. John

To all our valued T.M. Technologies Customers and our late Father’s friends and business associates,

Thank you all for your kind words and for communicating your concerns about the future of T.M. Technologies. My Brother and I are in the grueling process of trying to get the company back in working order. This unexpected and tragic loss of our Dad, Kent White, has been more challenging than we ever could have expected. At this time our goal is to fix the website and move forward on completing orders that predate his passing, we will then address orders up to date.

Unfortunately the phone and internet bills were being sent to a mailbox that we did not have access to, which resulted in both utilities being shut off. This has been a devastating blow to the company, and to me personally. If we have had the pleasure of speaking, you know my goal is to stay connected with all of you and continue on with my Dad’s business and legacy. This unfortunate turn of events has made me feel that I have let so many of you down, especially after voicing our intent to keep up a consistent line of communication regarding our forward progress. Please know it was not my intention, it was out of my control, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience or stress this has caused each and every one of you.

I appreciate the inquiries about an obituary, I am working on it. As you may already know, he had many noteworthy accomplishments. I want to include some of his most significant achievements in his obituary. If there is something that you are passionate about being included, please email me, lorienwhitestone@gmail.com

Please bear with Colin and I, while we navigate the challenges of reinstating accounts and catching up with all of our wonderful vendors and customers.

Thank you all, for your patience and understanding, I appreciate you greatly,

Lórien"

In post #17 the OP writes:
    "He was clearing Manzanita brush alongside the edge of his driveway. My understanding is that he was pulling on one by hand when it let go and he fell backwards suffering a fatal head injury. Just a freak accident. He was just 73."

Dang!
    Jihoon Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: R.I.P. Kent White, AKA The Tin Man of TMTechnologies

I purchased hoses and torch tips from TMTecnologies, I never knew the scope of his sheet metal mastery(and I do mean a real master), also an inventor, quite the guy, RIP indeed.
    The older I get the faster I was Brian Clare