Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Suit source?

My 18 year old son has a prom in his future.
    The style is broad enough that some students simply go with a slick suit rather than a tux.
    He's heading off to College next year and I'm more than open to expanding his wardrobe to include a suit...seems like it makes more sense than a 1-day rental.

We've got a Brooks Brother Outlet nearby. Is that as good option?
    He's 6'4" and about 195 lbs.
    Recommendation(s)?
    His visit to BB went fairly well and he came home saying that a 42L in Regent's fit with 35x35 pants...if that helps to inform the answer. Before jumping, thought I'd ask this crowd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Suit source?

Yes, that's a good option. Navy or charcoal. Not black. Ideally, he'd find an "1818" suit on sale at the outlet, not the outlet brand "346" but either one will be a good workable suit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are close to a Suit Supply, I strongly recommend it. They really took care of me and have a very broad size range. the materials and quality seem super. I was really impressed. Ended up with a navy Napoli. There is a version that is $100 less, but they did not have it in my size. Really eclipsed the other suits I 'had looked at. If he is done growing more or less and is thinking long term I think its a great deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    I DEFINITELY read through what Chasea had to say and have used a number of his suggestions in the past. I wasn't sure whether any more recent thoughts/sources may have emerged....and based on his depth of knowledge (and others on the forum), I thought it warranted a new inquiry.

No Suit Source nearby, but my son and I will be in Houston and Dallas in a few weeks and both cities list a store. Maybe we'll try to make that a stop.
    Can I ask for a ballpark price from Suit Source?
    I think he's done growing (at 6-7" taller than me), but who knows. I won't be surprised to see him fill out a bit more, but he's a pretty lean build (sort-of like a swimmer's build) and will likely stay that way for the foreseeable future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suit supply begins at 399 and goes up. It's "Suit Supply" by the way. but if you're in Vermont I don't think you'll find one there anyway. Here are their current locations. There was an article in NYtimes comparing their $1000 high end to a 3+K Armani. think its a good deal, but you definitely need to go to the store to get a good fit.