Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HUD's 2023 Annual Homelessness Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress

For the past several years, my wife has been volunteering three days a week at a local food pantry, where she essentially makes arrangements to keep the utilities turned on for people that are unable to make ends meet. It's very sobering to say the least. She sent me this link this morning which is not the most uplifting news of the day, but reality nonetheless. Some surprising facts and figures when you look at pages 98-114 and realize that just because you're warm and fed, your neighbor might not be so lucky.

https://www.huduser.gov/portal/sites...HAR-Part-1.pdf
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: HUD's 2023 Annual Homelessness Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress

Thanks RW.
    Giving to others with less is the right thing to do. I see this here at VS more than many places so thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Thanks RW. Giving to others with less is the right thing to do. I see this here at VS more than many places so thank you.
    I'll pass on your note, as it's all her, as she was approached a few years ago by some other retired friends and it took off from there. The pantry's work brings both of us a lot of satisfaction and helps keep one focused on the community and civic responsibility.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    I'll pass on your note, as it's all her, as she was approached a few years ago by some other retired friends and it took off from there. The pantry's work brings both of us a lot of satisfaction and helps keep one focused on the community and civic responsibility.
    Kudos to your family. In similar fashion I learned from mom and dad who gave to those who need always at arms length. I feel the same, when I see "it" I'll do something. This is why I politely turn door knockers away. We all have our way of doing this.