Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Canada Goose worth it?

Who can I turn to but you group of stylish folk for winter coat advice. I was originally going to get the Belstaff Tallow but when I tried it on today the outer nylon just seemed really wimpy and would not stand up to the daily rigors of walking from the car to the hospital and back. They had several Canada Goose jackets that had a much more robust outer shell. Not quite Codura level but definitely could take a punch. I think the model I tried on was either the Maitland or the Emory.

Anyone have any experience or opinion on the brand itself?

Also I noticed today while in a meeting that the space between my two upper front teeth doesn't align to the space between my two lower front teeth. Not sure if that is normal or not but you can check yours and comment on that as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Canada Goose worth it?

I’m clearly in no position to give winter coat advice, but my teeth don’t line up either so you’re not alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patagonia and nothing lines up on my body, least of all my teeth.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Patagonia and nothing lines up on my body, least of all my teeth.
    or go here for a discount...Worn Wear - Used Patagonia Clothing & Gear save money save the planet

SPP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have any experience with either brand so I can't say....but if I was looking to buy a down jacket this is the first place that I would look. Down Garments | Down Jackets, Down Vests, and more for backpacking, hiking, mountaineering Feathered Friends Their products may not be as stylish as some others but I guarantee that they will keep you warm.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    I don't have any experience with either brand so I can't say....but if I was looking to buy a down jacket this is the first place that I would look. Down Garments | Down Jackets, Down Vests, and more for backpacking, hiking, mountaineering Feathered Friends Their products may not be as stylish as some others but I guarantee that they will keep you warm.
    Thanks, I bought a feathered friends down jacket and pants in white. I look great.
    Michelin_Man_Custom_Mascot.jpg

As for the canada goose, the jacket will be warm enough and tough enough. I'd just get the Maitland and skip the Emory. The fur hood is too nanook of the north for my tastes.

You can go full snowmobile suit, just don't fart in it. (This joke will only appeal to people who have worn snowmobile suits. For full effect, keep your snowmobile helmet on)