User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what will Mark Zuckerberg think about facebook when he is older?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what will Mark Zuckerberg think about facebook when he is older?

thats not political... is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: what will Mark Zuckerberg think about facebook when he is older?

He'll think about how much money he made because everyone wants to know everyone's biddness. Hopefully he'll think like Bill Gates and really try to make a difference in the world by philanthropic gestures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'll think, "holy crap. I'm 30 years old and I peaked - wtf? I'm gonna go ride with Darren."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'll still be surprised how easy it was to take candy from babies and turn that candy into $$$$$$$.
    I write for daily serving

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How primative and clumsy it was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prob about how earlier liquidity and cashout may have been better than holding mega equity for the long haul

software is modestly durable; networks are fragile, and if you're not careful can explode and reassemble on someone else's real estate. geocities. aol. yahoo. myspace. friendster. facebook. ...

i'd sell tomorrow if i'm him. it's not that good an idea. i don't even know why i have an account

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marcelia View Post
    prob about how earlier liquidity and cashout may have been better than holding mega equity for the long haul

software is modestly durable; networks are fragile, and if you're not careful can explode and reassemble on someone else's real estate. geocities. aol. yahoo. myspace. friendster. facebook. ...

i'd sell tomorrow if i'm him. it's not that good an idea. i don't even know why i have an account
    Remember AOL? Mergers with Time Warner, world domination, and all that? Oh yeah...

I've had this conversation with a Facebook executive and raised this point. What will Facebook be in 10 years?

He couldn't give me a very good answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

needs to sell now, social networking boredom is imminent....... extra! extra! read all about it!......pen & paper makes a comeback

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should cash-out now.
    The security on Facebook is truly abysmal.
    People will become bored of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 yrs from now
    " who remembers facebook? "
    " the kid who got sued, right?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was so bored with it, I never opened an account. My ego does not require my giving out personal information to strangers. I also don't have anyone to tell news to by facebook that I don't tell face to face. I gues that's the definition of a fuddy duddy.
    Good cyclists are:
    Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
    Layer 1: Control your bike
    Layer 2: Know and follow the rules of the road
    Layer 3: Ride in the smartest lane position
    Layer 4: Manage hazards skillfully
    Layer 5: Utilize passive protection.

Chris, Broussard, LA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at a party last night with lots of other people in their late 20's talking about how we all hate technology and would like to throw our computers, phones, Wii's, etc the nearest river. For what thats worth...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    I was at a party last night with lots of other people in their late 20's talking about how we all hate technology and would like to throw our computers, phones, Wii's, etc the nearest river. For what thats worth...
    What you met were called Hipsters. They're mostly harmless. And full of sh*t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
    What you met were called Hipsters. They're mostly harmless. And full of sh*t.
    No, they were people who sit at desks doing pretty important things all day and have absolutely no interest in being plugged in outside of work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question for them.
    how many have smart phones?
    ergo. they are all full of shit.

many 20+ yr olds i know would stop breathing if their smart phone battery runs out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    question for them.

many POTUS i know would stop breathing if their smart phone battery runs out.
    made it make more sense...
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    question for them.

many 20+ yr olds i know would stop breathing if their smart phone battery runs out.
    My personal phone is this:

It can't even take a picture. I think 3 of the 4 were non-smart phone users.

I don't want to live in a 140 character world. I really dislike what "social media" has done and is doing to my attention span. I don't think spending hours a day reading others drivel is a good use of my generations time. I'd rather focus on 1-2 things than fragment my attention into dozens or hundreds of relatively random, short-term, and ultimately meaningless pieces of information.

We're bombarded. FB and Twitter is the information equivalent of being in a jungle and having an animal leap at you every 5 seconds. I'd much prefer the civility of a wood-paneled drawing room with fine leather chairs, i.e., reading an actual damn book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very intersting. I guess those people in their 20's would not be able to comment on this forum.

Here we are discussing about social media via a social media connection that was unimaginable 20 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sevencyclist View Post
    Here we are discussing about social media via a social media connection that was unimaginable 20 years ago.
    That was my thought, too. Is this thread ironic yet?

From my perspective, the ability to communicate - either in real-time or near-real-time - on the Internet has been a really good, cool thing. It's brought me into real, meaningful contact with interesting people and has resulted in real friendships. It has helped me reconnect with old friends and re-establish connections that had languished or even nearly died after decades.

Like almost everything else it's good and bad - I can manage to look past the occasional photos of dinners and haircuts and find some real utility and value in forums and Facebook. I don't know where it's going next but it isn't going away.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he grows a conscience and regrets the way he handled things.

Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast