So I have this roof top terrace that I would spend so much more time on if it wasn't constantly in need of cleaning. I don't mind the occasional dump but this is just getting out of hand and it would be irresponsible to power wash it every week or several times a week given the state of water reserves. Like 2-3 times a week I even have to reclean some clothes I left drying outside because of bird shit. It is probably aggravated by the fact some of my neighbours are so stupid they give them food [1].

I guess I already know the answer but just in case, is there a non cruel way to gently tell them to maybe fly above other roofs?

I was thinking about maybe installing a kind of kite looking like a bird of prey but surely they would quickly get used to it and just ignore it?

[1] I don't criticize people making bird nests and provide food for places where birds population is declining but here we are talking a striving population of pigeons, seagulls and invasive species such as the quaker parrot which invaded all europe in recent years to the detriment of endemic species such as sparrows. We live just by the seaside, temperature is mild in winter and there are so many restaurants with open terace all year long that birds have no problem finding food all year long.