I don't think we've covered this topic, and searches present no contrary evidence so here goes the "stuff you never thought about eating" category.

I have pursued this bit by bit, but i get distracted eh?. The "Noma Show" (see post this section wrt Bourdain) brings this back to the forefront of my thoughts. I knew survivalists, naturalists, hippies, etc. ate wild-found stuffs but never thought a "world's best" award might go to a restaurant specializing in forage.

So now I'm out to identify and collect Purslane, and learn a few more this season.

Things in this category that I have tried/do eat are: Dandelion, Poke Weed, Lambsquarter, Morel, Fiddleheads, Honeysuckle, Stinging Nettles, wild strawberries, and a few more I don't know the names of yet.

Of course Raspberries and Blackberries are coming on strong right now, and so long as they are "free-range" and not the golf-ball sized flavorless farmed varieties, they make great table fare. But they're not unusual/uncommon as the theme of this thread.

Discovered wild Blueberries in one tiny micro-climate here too--but they are tiny. The local wild Raspberries have ruined my interest in Blackberries, because they are sweeter and earlier and just betterer!

Been eating Black Walnuts too. I collected and sold 4 pickup beds full (1600# IIRC) last Fall, thought I might save a few to eat...damn they're a bitch to open. Intensely flavored though. Hope my Pecans make this year.

Anyone else here fool with off-the-beaten-path (right next to it sometimes) wild stuffs? What's your fave? How do you fix* it?

*"fix" means "prepare" as well as "repair" in Southern English.