Anyhow...

I treated myself to some Sportcrafters rollers, with the inertia & overdrive drum.

Well made product.

I have the perfect doorway to set up in, nice and tight so getting up and going has been drama free, easy, and non-eventful...except for that compass tire that had it's sidewall shredded, but I digress.

It's easier to maintain balance with resistance for me...recently, I've pulled out the resistance drum so I can do lower HR zone work and the drums feel a lot more like ice but, I adapted quickly. Takes good focus and something to target fixate on, as well as a battery of good tunes playing.

I have a plank wood floor, pine, they're pretty skinny, and it's like 80+ years old so, different shade planks...I play games like 4,1,2,3,...2.4.1.3...etc...lining up and such while spinning.

What I'm noticing bio-physically, besides core muscles hurting a bit from being that more active in terms of maintaining line...

Is...

When I focus on smooth circles, leg muscles fully engaged around the pedal stroke, heart rate goes down and speed goes up.

When I focus on controlled breathing, specifically a long exhalation, heart rate drops as well.

After the cardiac drift settles down in the first 20 minutes, and when I started concentrating on these aspects, I dropped from mid-high Z3, to high Z2 and speed was up by 1 mph.

Efficiency is very cool.

Another note...rollers, for me, really inform you what's wrong in terms of your fit... because it's such a static and controlled environment I'm noticing all these aches & pains because my reach/stack isn't correct, and I need to find a better saddle.

Nevertheless, I like these things, it's like a little OCD cycling laboratory.

I can't wait to see how things are in the Spring.