Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
We are simply destined not to agree on too much. My sarcastic reply was based on your linked article that was (IMO) biased. You apparently don't think it was. So there we have it.

I NEVER said racism didn't exist. Not once, not ever. But the thought that it is sole property of one political party (IMO) is absurd.
Jorn wrote this:
Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
And (Bloomberg) underlines the irony of Democrats appearing willing as a party to run without African American support while Trump and the Republican Party appear willing to run with White Supremacist support.
You replied with this:
Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
Just how many White Supremacist are there and how many actually vote? What is the percentage of "registered White Supremacist" in the country? Do you have any proof that this block can make a meaningful impact, or is this simply another targeted slam at the President? I'm not saying it does not exist, but I can't believe the numbers are high enough (beside sounding like good PR for the left) to make a difference. Are there really no White Supremacist in any other party than the GOP?

You accuse the ENTIRE Republican Party of this? Really Jorn? I'm surprised to hear this kind of accusation from you.
Jorn didn't state or imply a lack of any racists in the dem party. He pointed out that on balance, based on Bloomberg's history which he thumb-nailed earlier, Bloomberg won't likely attract African Americans in the large numbers that will be required for victory. That seems a reasonable prognostication, or do you think Bloomberg's history actually makes him more attractive than the average bear, to African Americans?

Jorn continued by pointing out, obviously based on the Charlottsville (and other) neo-nazi/white supremacist's demonstrations and Trump's subsequent nominalization of their activities on national media, that Trump/Republican Party at large, would rather have the neo-nazi/white supremacist's votes than denounce their behavior. Or maybe they just think that the ideas behind the behavior is OK. Neither is a good thing.

I don't know how you get from that to saying that Jorn accused the ENTIRE RP as being racist; that EVERYBODY in the RP is a racist. He didn't say it and no reasonable, considered evaluation of what he wrote could possibly land in that Zip Code.

As to your rejection of the article I linked: Not much to say; you're rejecting historical fact. Did you never study this stuff in high school or college? Have you never wondered about the evolution of the parties and looked into it?? You're free to reject anything you want; you can reject the basic Newtonian physics that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. You'd be categorically wrong but you're free to reject it. You're rejection of the summary of the article is rejection of iron clad, historical, evolutionary fact. You can research it on your own if you're curious. I've been aware of much of the information (not all) in the article for most of my adult life but it is a nicely condensed summary that I stumbled into quite by accident the other day. It is not news.

You also heard from a couple of folks who live in the SE USA; as to me, all of my life. I have a bit of an education in psychology, I'm overly curious and when something catches my attention I'll generally do some homework on it. I'm from a many generations Navy/MC family, generally lived on base or at least in areas largely populated by the families of officers; folks who had travelled extensively, saw lots of different cultures, that sort of thing. But I went to southern public schools and the cultural contrasts were extremely obvious. I grew up with white Southern racists; went to school with them and worked with them. I know them. Many exist and I don't know a one who self identifies as Democratic; to a person they abhor democrats. Now wait a minute....I didn't just say that the DP has none, you never stated that racism doesn't exist in the RP, and nobody stated that it was the sole province of one party, but the preponderance of evidence is crystal clear fact: The RP attracts far more racists (and for convenience, let's define that as people who would not vote for a candidate just because he/she was African American) than the DP. It is folly to think that the RP doesn't have orders of magnitude more of those sorts of people.

You wrote: “I can't believe the numbers are high enough (beside sounding like good PR for the left) to make a difference”

Really? Given the razor thin margins that have given a key state or two's EC votes to one or the other candidate, really and truly you can't that the numbers are adequate to make a diff????? That's kinda nutz....you're denying logic that's based on sound First Principles; big time.

This is too long for me to proof read and the observant V-Salon'er will already know I'm a lousy proofer anyway, so here it is, un-proofed. You're free to disagree until the cows come home, longer if you want, but you're denying reality and I'm not wrong.