Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old buildings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Old buildings

When an apartment building went in next to the building where my office was located, they must have dug 8-10 stories deep for the parking garage and mechanical rooms. Huge excavators were lifted into and out of the hole by even bigger cranes. I'd go watch for a bit each day, like the local men in Richard Scarry books.

More pictures, please.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Dan's request...amazing what a few tradesman and a machine or two can do in 3 weeks. I'm trying to draw Mike Noble out of retirement...

rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RW,
    Kudos to your Superintendent on site. Limited access, small footprint, little lay down area…looks like a well organized job site. Nice strep back excavation too. Do you keep a crane on site? Didn’t see one but can’t imagine not having one with gang forms. Friendly neighbors?

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    RW, Kudos to your Superintendent on site. Limited access, small footprint, little lay down area…looks like a well organized job site. Nice strep back excavation too. Do you keep a crane on site? Didn’t see one but can’t imagine not having one with gang forms. Friendly neighbors?
    Mike
    Thanks Mike. Yep, our super (Bob G.) has been with us for about 15 years and he's an experienced old salt. No crane available until the steel arrives in a few weeks and the steel erection sequence will be unique to say the least...I promise photos. We are in the middle of a college campus so the neighbors (students and faculty) have to put up with us and as they are inquisitive type, we have given them access to a link to two live cameras filming the operations, so that they don't go wandering through the site. The toughest past of the project has been to maintain access for safety and accessibility reasons as you know, and making sure that we don't disrupt underground utility lines. When the steel erections starts, that's when the "sidewalk superintendents" come out, right? I've worked with this board and administration for 15 years, and as this is their first new building since 2007, people are pretty stoked, especially is its a health sciences building which has been in planning and funding for almost 6 years. Supporting our future healthcare workers, researchers and educators...pretty special for me too.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned