Results 7,221 to 7,229 of 7229

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Meanwhile, I supposedly have a VIN with Mazda for my Miata Club. Can’t wait. Watched a Porsche Boxster video and have some rumblings for it or a Cayman still but I think I will own the Miata and the Porsche would own me. I’m not sure I want that. We’ll see what happens but I’m really looking forward to the red Miata in the next 6 weeks or so.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Just in time for Fashion Week. Pure genius, we are simply to watch with awe ;)
    for that price, I think I rather have a bespoke one from Twisted which may even be slightly cheaper and more authentic.

https://twisted.co/automotive/inventory/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    So Land Rover is bringing back the Classic boxy Land Rover shape for 'get this' 250K!

nuts
    How does it compare to Big Sir Jim's Grenadier, a "knock-off" that borrowed liberally from the design cues of the original Defender?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    How does it compare to Big Sir Jim's Grenadier, a "knock-off" that borrowed liberally from the design cues of the original Defender?
    We don't really see any Grenadiers in Chelsea Truck circles.

It is suppose to be a decent farm vehicle though.

All things considered, I rather have the Toyota Land Cruiser Classic at yen prices in Japan. Best value out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't really see any Grenadiers in Chelsea Truck circles.

It is suppose to be a decent farm vehicle though.

All things considered, I rather have the Toyota Land Cruiser Classic at yen prices in Japan. Best value out there.
    I've been looking at this one not infrequently. Somehow I started talking Land Cruisers at the Volvo dealership with the shop guy, and he said someone in Venezuela is selling all the government-owned Land Cruisers to dealers in the US. I don't know if this is one, but the truck is titled in Florida. Several of these Land Cruisers seem to be handed around the BAT fanatics with each owner adding a couple hundred miles to the odometer and a few bits and bobbles to the restoration. I think this one is truck-geared and not highway geared, so that might be why it has gone through a couple owners.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...iser-hj47-2-2/
    Last edited by j44ke; 6 Days Ago at 09:36 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I've been looking at this one not infrequently. Somehow I started talking Land Cruisers at the Volvo dealership with the shop guy, and he said someone in Venezuela is selling all the government-owned Land Cruisers to dealers in the US. I don't know if this is one, but the truck is titled in Florida. Several of these Land Cruisers seem to be handed around the BAT fanatics with each owner adding a couple hundred miles to the odometer and a few bits and bobbles to the restoration. I think this one is truck-geared and not highway geared, so that might be why it has gone through a couple owners.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...iser-hj47-2-2/
    You probably have a middleman in there somewhere hiding Vene. It would trigger US OFAC rules, and no US dealer will be able transact with a Bank in USD with a Vene UBO. The US Banks are definitely prohibited here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You probably have a middleman in there somewhere hiding Vene. It would trigger US OFAC rules, and no US dealer will be able transact with a Bank in USD with a Vene UBO. The US Banks are definitely prohibited here.
    I'm guessing they go through Colombia or something, but I used to the wrong word - probably not dealers. Middlemen is right. Import/export magicians. Florida seems full of them.
    Last edited by j44ke; 6 Days Ago at 11:09 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I'm guessing they go through Colombia or something, but I used to the wrong word - probably not dealers. Middlemen is right. Import/export magicians. Florida seems full of them.
    I think the word you are looking for is drug dealers. Miami Vice is still my all time favorite show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This certainly made my day…

rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.