Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 364 of 364 FirstFirst ... 354355356357358359360361362363364
Results 7,261 to 7,262 of 7262

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneK View Post
    Can you elaborate on this (I’m a bit dull in the head these days). I did spend 5 years in your neighborhood in the 1980’s training at St Luke’s, now apparently Mt Sinai West. After all, when it comes to healthcare bigger is better, right? But that’s an entirely different grump.
    Well we do frequent a number of restaurants around here. The table manners range from appalling to nonexistant.
    Never seen anyone eat with their phone before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmdesigner View Post
    Well we do frequent a number of restaurants around here. The table manners range from appalling to nonexistant.
    Never seen anyone eat with their phone before.
    No, but I’ve observed people taking calls on speakerphone in restaurants. If I owned a restaurant there would be a sign upon entry stating that this sign is your only warning. The next communication will be to ask you to leave if you take a call in the dining room. I did see this at a hotel (Austin NAHBS actually) which stated that there would be zero tolerance for rowdy behavior or excessive noise and that the sign stating such was the only warning.

The other day a gentleman took a call in the restaurant and immediately left to complete the call elsewhere, in a more appropriate location for a call. I really appreciated this. Manners matter.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 5 Days Ago at 05:19 PM.
    La Cheeserie!