Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 364 of 364 FirstFirst ... 354355356357358359360361362363364
Results 7,261 to 7,264 of 7264

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneK View Post
    Can you elaborate on this (I’m a bit dull in the head these days). I did spend 5 years in your neighborhood in the 1980’s training at St Luke’s, now apparently Mt Sinai West. After all, when it comes to healthcare bigger is better, right? But that’s an entirely different grump.
    Well we do frequent a number of restaurants around here. The table manners range from appalling to nonexistant.
    Never seen anyone eat with their phone before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmdesigner View Post
    Well we do frequent a number of restaurants around here. The table manners range from appalling to nonexistant.
    Never seen anyone eat with their phone before.
    No, but I’ve observed people taking calls on speakerphone in restaurants. If I owned a restaurant there would be a sign upon entry stating that this sign is your only warning. The next communication will be to ask you to leave if you take a call in the dining room. I did see this at a hotel (Austin NAHBS actually) which stated that there would be zero tolerance for rowdy behavior or excessive noise and that the sign stating such was the only warning.

The other day a gentleman took a call in the restaurant and immediately left to complete the call elsewhere, in a more appropriate location for a call. I really appreciated this. Manners matter.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 1 Week Ago at 05:19 PM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We moved into a house less than two years ago. Between freezes, disease, multiple severe wind events, and tropical storms, we have lost every single tree. There was a productive 24" dia pecan in the front yard that shaded the house. Now there is a patch of mulch. It's heart breaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Along with defspace, I'm trying to bring a dozen rose bushes back to life. While we were in Wyoming this summer, some critter chewed through the main irrigation line before the rose bushes, so one spot became a bog, while everything downstream didn't get watered. We live in the Mohave Desert (Mojave in California, Mohave in AZ) and the rest of the yard is desert landscape so the rose bushes are the only plants that are critical.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com