A fair share of '57 Chevys.

IMG_4682.jpgIMG_4683.jpgIMG_4684.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

When you can't decide on restoration and rat rodding, choose both.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walking around the Porte Dauphine labyrinth, and there was a Ferrari rolling up to a stop light. This traffic circle has cars, trucks, buses and trams and traffic dividing curbs. The light was at an intersection with two way traffic off of and on to the circle with a low (maybe 6"?) concrete divider between. The Ferrari driver managed to straddle the divider and then drove the length of it, creating a horrible noise and small sparks from the underside of the car. Everyone heard it. Pedestrians, other drivers, moto drivers, all looked in the direction of the car and winced. The driver seemed entirely unaware. Given traffic in Paris, the car only able to go a short way before stopping. Some sort of fluid was running out the bottom, though that might have just been condensate from the AC. I can't imagine what would be that low on the car. Didn't look like oil. And then off the driver went, never the wiser. I guess if you can afford to drive a Ferrari in Paris traffic, you can afford to pay for whatever damage results.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Walking around the Porte Dauphine labyrinth, and there was a Ferrari rolling up to a stop light. This traffic circle has cars, trucks, buses and trams and traffic dividing curbs. The light was at an intersection with two way traffic off of and on to the circle with a low (maybe 6"?) concrete divider between. The Ferrari driver managed to straddle the divider and then drove the length of it, creating a horrible noise and small sparks from the underside of the car. Everyone heard it. Pedestrians, other drivers, moto drivers, all looked in the direction of the car and winced. The driver seemed entirely unaware. Given traffic in Paris, the car only able to go a short way before stopping. Some sort of fluid was running out the bottom, though that might have just been condensate from the AC. I can't imagine what would be that low on the car. Didn't look like oil. And then off the driver went, never the wiser. I guess if you can afford to drive a Ferrari in Paris traffic, you can afford to pay for whatever damage results.
    A lot of drivers immediate reaction when they do a mistake is to flee the scene first. I think it is a similar reaction to us looking around first when we trip on something while walking or fall. We try to avoid the shame.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of the most...well most something walk away I ever witnessed.

We were walking away from the Philly Pro Race and one street in from the manyunk wall. There it was a VW bug wrapped around a light pole and five very drunk women stumbling around. Of course we offered assistance but they just did not know what to do.

I advised them to walk away, nobody was hurt and the police would surely put them in the pokey. "Come back in a few hrs. when you have sobered up." Maybe the best and only time I was able to give qualified Philly Advice.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 4 Hours Ago at 06:38 AM.