Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 29 of 364 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Mrs. Haole does mileage runs to maintain her 1K. Means choke upgrades when we travel together. I like getting upgraded and having bottomless bourbon on the plane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heater doesn't work and my f;ing idiot of a landlord is MIA. Besides the fact that I'm sleeping with a hat a 9 blankets right now, as somebody who work from home as a freelancer this is insanely annoying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's thursday somewhere.

~20 hour work day yesterday.

The stars aligned and made a big deployment into a night from hell. Everything that could have went wrong pretty much did and when we finally reigned it all in - the project manager complains that something doesn't work the way she thought it would and we'd have to back it all out. That led to 3 more hours of fun because of crappy ass error reporting. Today, I had to put her in her place multiple times on "big problems". I need a nap. And a ride. And a beer.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GODQ%^EW$!!!!!

3:00AM. Student accidentally locks himself out of the darkrooms at school. He's left his apt keys, wallet, car keys, book bag, etc in the darkroom. After trying to find someone in the art dept to help student calls Public Safety says they can't help him -- they don't have a key to our doors. Student spends the night on the floor in our digital lab.

WHAT THE CRAP!?!

I go over to Public Safety first thing today. The watch commander says, "Huh, we have master keys. The kid must not have been clear."

REALLY???? I'm trying to figure out how to say, "I'm locked out of the darkrooms." in an unclear manner. I'll keep trying until the parent makes a formal complaint. That way when I say, "I don't know how you could be more clear." I won't be lying.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I've clocked out of the darcroons"

Quote Originally Posted by false_aesthetic View Post
    GODQ%^EW$!!!!!

3:00AM. Student accidentally locks himself out of the darkrooms at school. He's left his apt keys, wallet, car keys, book bag, etc in the darkroom. After trying to find someone in the art dept to help student calls Public Safety says they can't help him -- they don't have a key to our doors. Student spends the night on the floor in our digital lab.

WHAT THE CRAP!?!

I go over to Public Safety first thing today. The watch commander says, "Huh, we have master keys. The kid must not have been clear."

REALLY???? I'm trying to figure out how to say, "I'm locked out of the darkrooms." in an unclear manner. I'll keep trying until the parent makes a formal complaint. That way when I say, "I don't know how you could be more clear." I won't be lying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a grump. Everyone's watches must be broken. There must be a worldwide calendar shortage.

It's Wednesday. Chill bros.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    I could actually use a biz trip like that. With my schedule for the rest of the year, it looks like I am going to come in at 0.5 or 1.5 "segments" below the 60 needed to get super duper important guy status on United for next year. I have laughed at people doing December mileage runs in the past and suddenly it seems logical. And I hate myself for it. Hate the airlines too. There's my grump.
    i am racking up 6 segments for this trip. sigh.

@velobran do you work for my company and with the PM I'm currently traveling with? Certainly sounds like it.

also, people who won't let me complain about thursday in advance because i'll be stuck on planes all day really chap my @ss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me

your message is too short blah blah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck it. I think I just broke my toe.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    Fuck it. I think I just broke my toe.
    Karma for the dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USPS/US CUSTOMS wtf

package sent from Japan on 12th Oct. by EMS (Japan Post) left Osaka on 13th by air.

USPS 'tracking' says Origin Post is preparging shipment.... and it's been like that for a FICKING MONTH NOW!

USPS ays Customs has it, Customs says USPS has it....... Now I know Sandy has impacted JFK etc. but they had 2 weeks prior to it hitting..... probably some scrote has stolen it.

Japan Post has issued a. 'trace' but needs more info from USPS?

Now I've used mailing systems all over the world but USPS... Utter Shite Package System

My PIss is well and truly boiled...

...... and breathe
    Last edited by corko; 11-14-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: additional ire

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corko View Post
    USPS/US CUSTOMS wtf <snip>
    I'm sure my missing package is worth less than your missing package, but +100 for this. I ordered something from Mickey a few weeks ago. He sends it out immediately. Post office says it was delivered. I was working at home that day, and it wasn't. Open a claim. Now it's weeks later and the post office won't return my calls and for the last week nobody is even answering the phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire-kicker real estate agents.

Somebody buy my damn house so I can move.

Now.

Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.

Dad: Yeah... well... now his body's fine, but his mind is gone.

-Breaking Away

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MVA (you know this will suk). This is all my fault...not. Lost my drivers license. I've got a multi class license that requires a DOT current "health card" in order to get my replacement license. Sooooooo, i drive to the MVA to pickup a physical copy of the DOT card for my doc to sign and date (they could have told me online or in person that this could have been done by fax) and ask the "help desk" person to explain to me what the nebulous looking "certificate expiration date" means. They tell me that the expiration date is up to my doctor. I say "he can put whatever he wants in there?" and they say "yes, it is up to him" (they could have told me that by law it can not exceed two years OR they could have shown me the regulation). Now I drive 100 miles to my doc for a freakin' signature and return to MVA where I wait an hr. to have a nice lady say "your doctor should know the federal regulations that DOT card certifications can not exceed 2 years" . It was at this point I did something really rare in TTs world, I lost it...pounded the desk and told her (alot of stuff ) and noticed that the guards had moved their hands from their hips to butt of their sidearms. I did not calm down and explained to her that the woman sitting 20 feet away told me that my doc could choose the expiration date her reply "she was not wrong" my reply "you are correct and she was not wrong however this is not a game and it would have been easy to tell me that my doc can choose the date however it must not exceed 2 years and HERE is the federal regulation to show your doc in case he is not aware of it". At this point she decides to do me a solid and fax the form to my doc so that he can sign/fax it straight back...which she did and he did and TT did not get shot yesterday and I got a replacement license.

I'm going to retire soon and decided that I need to find a business partner who will setup a small con-slutt-ing firm specializing in teaching customer service and process improvement. Nahhhhhh what was I thinking?

Grumpy? Beat that!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying tubing, lugs and a torch kit, then measuring & mitering everything, only to have your boss nix the project due to "fire codes".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaf blowers........lose the fat and use a rake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll second the leaf blowers. But more particularly my neighbor across the street. The guy is truly a total sweetheart - does yardwork for everyone in the neighborhood, always blows the snow off my (long) sidewalk on his way to the guy next door who actually pays him for the service...

But goddamn does he love his gas-powered yard tools. Mower, hedgeclipper, snowblower, leaf blower... Weekend afternoons are cacophonous, sometimes for hours at a time. And I can't tell the guy to shut it down because he's just too damn nice. Oy.

p.s. Being 400 miles from all my bikes on Sunday and Monday also made me grumpy. I'm sure that's the last warm weather I'm going to see until I reach FL in Feb.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows phone. Hardware is amazing, best handset i have ever used. The WP operating system is really nice, works great. There are NO APPS!!!!!!! No Square, no good GPS, the Yahoo 'app' isn't a native WP app and sucks. Most 'apps' that are available arent real WP apps. No Dunkin Donuts app, No Fooducate, nothing zero, nada. 12 monnths left in this appless prison that I sentenced myself to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having to explain that, no, just because you've done a google search, doesn't mean you know how to run a multimillion dollar search campaign and that, no, we don't need your suggestions. Oh, you say you don't believe in the value of the paid search campaign because you're all SEO'd up? Then why are you running one on your own through a third party (who, btw, is screwing it up badly)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy jersey from another country, use jersey a short while, despair that jersey's neck has stretched so far it's not going to keep out cold drafts.
    Consult with maker, decide to send jersey back for repair, give UPS $32 and send it off.
    48 hours later, find out jersey is sitting at customs because UPS is demanding 50 FCUKING DOLLARS as an import fee.
    Go to UPS site, shipper, jersey maker to see why this fee wasn't explained ahead of time. Shrugs all around.
    Another $32 to UPS to save jersey from "abandonment" and (I thought) ship it back to me.
    One week later the not-fixed now-really-expensive jersey is still not back in my hands.
    Apparently everyone knew UPS sucks for international shipping but no one bothered to say it when I chose them for international shipping.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast