User Tag List

Page 48 of 364 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Now that is amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by hampco View Post
    Volvo 122 el camino, anyone? We saw this on Orcas Island, had to chase the guy down to chat. He said it took him half an hour to buy a six-pack of beer the other day...
    Eric S. Zimmerman
    Zimmerman Bicycle works
    and Cinematography
    zimmermancamera@gmail
    check out the work here
    www.ericzimmerman.me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be interesting,it's got about the same curb weight as a Mazda MX-5 but should have a extra 100hp or so on it,I just hope the suspension is up to the task
    -Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Gawd that's hot. I used to tool around in a mod'd P1800 belonged to a guy who's sailboat I race. He added all the IPD stuff and it freaking flew. Can't imagine what that's going to do. Awesome.
    Eric S. Zimmerman
    Zimmerman Bicycle works
    and Cinematography
    zimmermancamera@gmail
    check out the work here
    www.ericzimmerman.me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hampco View Post
    He said it took him half an hour to buy a six-pack of beer the other day...
    Yeah, but that's a half-hour of island time...
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Gawd that's hot. I used to tool around in a mod'd P1800 belonged to a guy who's sailboat I race. He added all the IPD stuff and it freaking flew. Can't imagine what that's going to do. Awesome.
    It will vaporize expensive tires and scare small children. Anything else is gravy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb had a 940 turbo wagon, it was stupid fast, handled like a dream, and didn't have enough room for all the accessories needed for twin newborns :>( . Looking forward to the final build that engine is awesome.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydesteel View Post
    Deb had a 940 turbo wagon, it was stupid fast, handled like a dream, and didn't have enough room for all the accessories needed for twin newborns :>( . Looking forward to the final build that engine is awesome.
    What the hell where you trying to drag around for those kiddos? A 945T has more room in the back than most full sized SUVs. Did you buy an Econoline?

I miss mine terribly, but good ones rarely ever turn up for sale anymore around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my 745 turbo was a beast and would haul more than most SUVs at the time,I miss that car sometimes but I just plain wore it out to the point that it was completely unpresentable.
    Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    What the hell where you trying to drag around for those kiddos? A 945T has more room in the back than most full sized SUVs. Did you buy an Econoline?

I miss mine terribly, but good ones rarely ever turn up for sale anymore around here.
    Eric S. Zimmerman
    Zimmerman Bicycle works
    and Cinematography
    zimmermancamera@gmail
    check out the work here
    www.ericzimmerman.me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musgravecycles View Post
    Finally got a chance to test-drive a FRS/BRZ (FRS) yesterday. Holy-cow that car is good. Not fast, but everything else is sooooo good.

Me wants!
    I was able to test drive a BRZ a few weeks ago. The first time I gave it fun amounts of throttle I giggled out loud, with my wife as a witness in the passenger seat. For driving enjoyment, it ticks all the boxes for me. It's such a great little car.

It took many days and much discussion before I decided to put a deposit down on a WRX instead of driving away with a BRZ. It's undetermined yet if I made the right decision, and not too late to change my mind...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have a 100 series Land Cruiser sitting around that they want to sell to me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Japan’s Retro Car Kings Save Japanese Automotive Culture

Thought I'd post this video that Nao Tomii posted on his blog awhile back. I enjoyed it and thought you might enjoy it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Japan’s Retro Car Kings Save Japanese Automotive Culture

^^ how many times can I hit the like button?!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Lalor View Post
    I was able to test drive a BRZ a few weeks ago. The first time I gave it fun amounts of throttle I giggled out loud, with my wife as a witness in the passenger seat. For driving enjoyment, it ticks all the boxes for me. It's such a great little car.

It took many days and much discussion before I decided to put a deposit down on a WRX instead of driving away with a BRZ. It's undetermined yet if I made the right decision, and not too late to change my mind...
    Hey congrats. Enjoy! I went the other way and have a BRZ.

If you are ever going to drive on snow or shitty stuff I think you made the right choice. The 'Toyobaru' twins come with skinny 215 Prius tires and love to kick out their tails.
    Plus on a track here I watched a WRX pull away pretty hard on the straights.

Mine reallly isn't all that Subaru-like, apart from the boxer engine. It's low/oversteering/nimble vs 'heavy'/understeering/powerful. The WRX and 86 (under all its different names) are all fun but very different cars. From the same factory.
    (I could elaborate but who's awake?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Pigeon View Post
    (I could elaborate but who's awake?)
    I am. I've had nicer cars, but the only car I really wish I still had was my WRX wagon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checking in. With a tear in my eye, the 66' SS is for sale. I've got some local contacts who are helping to find potential buyers. If any Vsalonistas are interested in it PM me and we'll talk turkey. Once the sale is final we are getting a lightly used Porsche Carerra S . The SS was a super fun car to tinker and drive for all these years and someone will get one of the last unmolested 66' SS's that the silly car shows have not gotten their hands on grrrr. One of the things about classic muscle cars that I really enjoy is seeing them with all their orig. trim and steel bodies that look like they were made in Detroit not some glam cum car crazy resto-mod shop where they use bondo to make "sharp" lines and perfect surfaces. I want some American food, dammit! I want French fries!
    That Porsche hits all the right notes. We need a car that's a blast to drive and won't be surrounded by gawkers at gas stations AND I can park anywhere. FWIIW that 3.8 Liter NA Porsche engine really reminds me of a 409 solid lifter car...it has bags of torque in any gear. Cool car...like I said I blame my friends.

I've driven two 2007 Carrera S 6spd cars both with sunroofs and I fit fine. I'm going to find a triple black or the dark grey and write the check.

Doomed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmermanbicycle View Post
    Finally test fitting the 940 turbo motor into the '73 Volvo P1800es,we are getting closer to done!275Hp here we come up from roughly 100.
    -Eric
    What engine management you planning on using? Can't be sticking with Volvo LH if you're shooting for 275... I'm guessing it's going to be... MegaSquirt?

Cool project -- Just be careful referring to it as a P1800ES if you're hanging out with other vintage Volvo guys... they're very particular old codgers...

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmermanbicycle View Post
    Will do,it's going to be a bit of a beast,tweaked balanced 940 Turbo,T5 trans,VPD progresive springs (about an 1 1/2" drop),Bilstiens,tasteful wheels some brake upgrades,IPD sway bars plus about a gillion other details I'm forgetting.......should be a pretty good sleeper....fits my bike without pulling the wheels.....the antidote to the numb perfection of my Prius daily driver.
    -Eric
    Wait... you actually got John Parker to ship you something?

Upgraded the connecting rods in that motor I hope?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 13mm rods are fine for 275hp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    I think 13mm rods are fine for 275hp.
    Maybe. To me though, $400 for a set of upgraded rods is a small price to pay for the upgrade in durability and peace of mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ja, if you're taking the motor apart anyway, obviously. If you're just sticking on a T3/T04 hybrid, etc.. I don't think it makes much difference. Though that looks like the stock Mitsu TD05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Ja, if you're taking the motor apart anyway, obviously. If you're just sticking on a T3/T04 hybrid, etc.. I don't think it makes much difference. Though that looks like the stock Mitsu TD05.
    Agree - I just assumed the motor had been apart for rebuild but could be wrong. If it were me I'd probably run the stock B230FT in there at first for full shakedown and then turn up the wick gradually until something energetically disassembled itself. Then take the time to rebuild with stronger internals once some of the bugs were worked out and have a better feeling for the "new" car.

I'd love to hear more about the engine specs on this one - I'm a geek for the details!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back and forth on engine management at the moment,might be megasquirt,will keep you informed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    What engine management you planning on using? Can't be sticking with Volvo LH if you're shooting for 275... I'm guessing it's going to be... MegaSquirt?

Cool project -- Just be careful referring to it as a P1800ES if you're hanging out with other vintage Volvo guys... they're very particular old codgers...

Wait... you actually got John Parker to ship you something?

Upgraded the connecting rods in that motor I hope?
    yes,though the 13mm rods would probably have been just fine.
    as an old codger myself I don't really care what the old codgers think,it's my car and it will be tasteful and better than stock by far,I've owned it for close to 20 years,if the codgers have a problem theycan get stuffed ;)
    And yes,getting anything out of John Parker is a challenge
    -Eric
    Eric S. Zimmerman
    Zimmerman Bicycle works
    and Cinematography
    zimmermancamera@gmail
    check out the work here
    www.ericzimmerman.me