Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 65 of 364 FirstFirst ... 555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 7261

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Very few SUVs, let alone cars, have that kind of room. When I got my last car/truck, I went around to dealerships with a tape measure. I ended up with an FJ and it barely fits my moderate 72cm saddle height.
    So true. After years of saying "I would if I found a deal" I bought an 04 manual awd Honda Element to serve as my haul everything vehicle. I haven't stopped driving it for the last 6 months. Needs more power that a turbo kit would solve and needs the 6th gear that drops 400rpm at cruise and adds 4-5mpg (easy upgrade if you pull the tranny and crack it open) So much room inside its insane. Roll a couple bikes upright in with no issues. Roll my 18" 29'r in with wheels on with only the rear wheel peaking in-between the front seats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    tell that to honda. I would give anything for a accord stationwagon but have to settle for my poorman's panamerica aka crosstour. I suspect that the cost of goods on a CUV is much use than on a station wagon while the price is probably similar.
    Ah but herein lies the Honda loyalist's dilemma. Outback or CTS V, baby.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    There are already E350 and E63 AMG Wagons available here, both with 4Matic, but I have not seen the diesel version mentioned yet. It would be neat.
    Sorry, thought the picture was of a C class. I need a car that's socially irresponsible like the E63 AMG but a $102k base price is a little much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C63 AMG is probably the maddest sounding modern stock road car I've experienced. Sick sick sick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone knows that wagons rule. Joostx, just get the Honda Odyssey already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firstly, i went on a casual 10mile walk with a friend tonight (am super surprised and impressed with myself)... but why i'm here is because we passed this on the tail end:

if i wasn't moving i'd be trying to buy that and would be hiring someone to do an engine swap + restoration. dayum son, so nice lookin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chances are that would not need a swap, but some cam and head work would probably wake that up a little bit. Mix in some new suspension bushings, add some spring ratel former shocks and fat sway bars and you are in business. Too bad the combat zone is gone...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    tell that to honda. I would give anything for a accord stationwagon but have to settle for my poorman's panamerica aka crosstour. I suspect that the cost of goods on a CUV is much use than on a station wagon while the price is probably similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    Ah but herein lies the Honda loyalist's dilemma. Outback or CTS V, baby.
    Dudes. This Acura TSX Wagon is a Honda. In the rest of the known world, it is a Honda Accord Tourer.

You should have bought one while you could, because it's going away, because you didn't buy one while you could. For shame.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Dudes. This Acura TSX Wagon is a Honda. In the rest of the known world, it is a Honda Accord Tourer.

You should have bought one while you could, because it's going away, because you didn't buy one while you could. For shame.
    You could get those CPO'd w/ around 20K (probably coming out of a 2 year lease) - or at least you could 8 months ago for around $27K loaded. I went w/ my 3-Series E91 M-Sport instead though - but the Acura was in the top 3 for my pick.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too bad those things never had a real tranny in them!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post

That's the sleeper car you don't see around here. In 2014 the mpg should be much better, though the engine is tuned to rev. You get what you get.

Joosttx's Japanese Panameriarabica or whatever is kinda cool, in a pregnant 944 glass menagerie way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honda must have some management bigwigs who are similarly cyclists like us.
    They have vehicles at various pricepoints/sizes (Fit, Element, and Odyssey...) that work extraordinarily well for enthusiasts of our sport. Heck, the tiny little Fit can handle up to FOUR bicycles (standing upright) if packed really carefully. Even with a simple inside rack it's easy to get two bikes, the front wheels, and a couple overnight bags in there.

Good point about the Acura TSX wagon. That seems like a car if Acura simply would have "worked it" a bit more and perhaps offered an optional 6-cylinder engine they might have eventually found a greater following. It will be curious to see if Mercedes-Benz enters the mix to respond to the mid-size wagons only offered by Audi, BMW, and Volvo at this time.

There is definitely merit to the notion of people wishing to "sit higher" for whatever reason.
    One can't turn around without seeing another brand new Subaru Outback on the road.
    Why they won't offer upscale options (like leather) is puzzling. Will have to see if "sunroof delete" can be specified.
    I have driven an Audi Q5 and that vehicle does not offer meaningfully greater utility than the A4 AllRoad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They sold maybe a handful of those CrossTour debacles. Great for when you want less usefulness than an SUV and shittier handling and outward visibility than a regular ride height sedan for the bonus of more $$$. Sure an AWD WAGON Accord might have been less profitable per unit, but it also wouldn't be completely fecking stupid. Hell, use the same ride height as the CrossTour if you need to be a truck for CAFE, just lose the neither this nor that pseudo hatch/fastback thing that doesn't do anything well except suck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    They sold maybe a handful of those CrossTour debacles. Great for when you want less usefulness than an SUV and shittier handling and outward visibility than a regular ride height sedan for the bonus of more $$$. Sure an AWD WAGON Accord might have been less profitable per unit, but it also wouldn't be completely fecking stupid. Hell, use the same ride height as the CrossTour if you need to be a truck for CAFE, just lose the neither this nor that pseudo hatch/fastback thing that doesn't do anything well except suck.
    Well, it did convey me, as a passenger, to my destination so there's that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised that you would ride in something other than a Miata.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CrossTour, it's like an X6 with angles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    too bad those things never had a real tranny in them!
    My 3-Series 6-speed wagon or David's "robots are attacking" car? (you see what I did there?)
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    I'm surprised that you would ride in something other than a Miata.
    It was my first time in another car. I can't stand riding in the Miata - it's terrible. I should just take the passenger seat out for tp runs.

But, as an illustration on what the left side of the car feels like let me point you to quickag's post at the beginning of this thread, which I will continually post until you memorize it:

"My Miata. Holy shit I loved my Miata. It was raced, driven, drifted, rallied, Autobahned and made loved in (on?) all over the world. Hands down, without a shadow of a doubt the most fun, most reliable and most economical car I've ever owned. I really don't plan to buy another car, but if I ever do it will be another NA Miata. Put a small turbo on it and drive it until it blows up. If it ever blows up. Then swap an LS6 into it.

Best car. Ever."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    My 3-Series 6-speed wagon or David's "robots are attacking" car? (you see what I did there?)
    David's Acura
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Honda must have some management bigwigs who are similarly cyclists like us.
    They have vehicles at various pricepoints/sizes (Fit, Element, and Odyssey...) that work extraordinarily well for enthusiasts of our sport. Heck, the tiny little Fit can handle up to FOUR bicycles (standing upright) if packed really carefully. Even with a simple inside rack it's easy to get two bikes, the front wheels, and a couple overnight bags in there.

Good point about the Acura TSX wagon. That seems like a car if Acura simply would have "worked it" a bit more and perhaps offered an optional 6-cylinder engine they might have eventually found a greater following. It will be curious to see if Mercedes-Benz enters the mix to respond to the mid-size wagons only offered by Audi, BMW, and Volvo at this time.
    Our other car is a Fit (my wife and I each own 1/2 of two cars.) Two bikes with ease or, for short trips, the tandem while my wife sits in the left rear seat. The thing is a packaging miracle (and I hear the new model is even better.) We are almost embarrassingly fond of the little dude.

Car & Driver preferred the 4 to the 6 in the TSX - The bigger engine ruined the lightness and balance of the car. What it really needs is more than 5 speeds...

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    Its beauty takes time to unfold.
    Since my wife & I share cars and she refuses to drive a manual, the auto wasn't an issue.
    And I drove the 328xi wagon back-to-back with the TSX wagon. The Bimmer was better but not, y'know, $15k better... The difference paid for the Co-Motion Speedster I can throw in the back of it, and approximately twelve days in Paris.
    YMMV!
    GO!