User Tag List

Page 123 of 355 FirstFirst ... 113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 7083

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    still an option with the e class wagon (not amg though)
    Yes, the E class wagon is definitely an option! Not sure which kid would sit back there - I think my eldest gets motion sick like me.

Oh man - found one about 20 miles north of here, but with 39K miles on it. Hmm. Decisions.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon White View Post
    Yes, the E class wagon is definitely an option! Not sure which kid would sit back there - I think my eldest gets motion sick like me.

Oh man - found one about 20 miles north of here, but with 39K miles on it. Hmm. Decisions.
    you can also diy an amg version...

3rd row retrofit in AMG wagon? done. - MBWorld.org Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    forget about fitting 2 car seats and a 3rd person in the back of a jetta/golf based car, too small.

does anyone else miss the old wagons that had the pup up rear facing rear seat for just such occasions?

I had one of those seats in a 2000 Audi A6 Avant and it gathered dust, until I finally removed it and placed it i the basement...it freaked my wife out to place any of the kids back there. When I told her that I logged a few miles as a kid in an old Ford Galaxie 500 wagon with a similar seat, it didn't matter.

audi avant rear facing seat - Bing images
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, the Tundra I got. It's off the hook. Great vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Oh, the Tundra I got. It's off the hook. Great vehicle.
    I've thought about an enormous truck! The Tundra would be #1 in my book. I don't think I'd ever use the bed of it much, except maybe to sleep when the wife boot me out.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been driving around a lot in this thing lately.

Inside pictures are now a month + old and there have been some additions and re-organization done.

As far as automobile goes, it actually drives surprisingly nice. Okay power, and a pretty smooth ride! Gets blown around on the interstate a bit when it gets over 70, but thats to be expected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ineff, nice work. Curious, what is the interior headroom and maybe send me a PM with $$ details. I've got a reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forget about fitting 2 car seats and a 3rd person in the back of a jetta/golf based car, too small.

does anyone else miss the old wagons that had the pup up rear facing rear seat for just such occasions?

No. Still have one. Put passengers in there just the other day for a short trip. Had seven adults in the car at once.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't miss the old mule, but I liked that '99 Sable for as long as I had it. It was a great pack animal for a specific period of my life.

Here it is at the end of a long rutted dirt road, unloading lifeguarding supplies at a Maine lake:

sable.png

I left the girls' dried footprints on the inside of the rear window for almost a year. They made me happy through a long NE winter...
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the '85 Buick Century wagon I had in high school and college. That thing took copious abuse and just kept trucking. I will never forget the lesson I got thanks to the 3rd row seat in increased breaking distance that time I drove my entire JV cross country team to a meet in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had one of those moonlander looking Toyota minivans way back in the day, until my dad saw one totaled like a tin can while driving home from work one day. He parked it immediately and we were in a Volvo 240 wagon shortly thereafter. (3 kids)

The wayback seat was where my youngest sibling would be stuck while driving all up and down the east coast to various beach towns- I think Hilton Head would have been the longest we did from NJ. That seat was literally nothing more than a piece of plywood with a thin layer of foam and the vinyl exterior stapled to it. Way different than the plush third row seats that American wagons came with at the time. I remember folding the Volvo seat up and down without any hassle, while doing the same in my cousins’ Chevy was like moving a refrigerator around inside of a phone booth.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We used to toss my little brother on to the parcel well behind the back seat on my dad's VW 412.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend showed up at my house this afternoon with his retirement present to himself.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those Stingrays remind me of my first reaction to the new DA cranks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once heard the lead designer for the new Corvettes was the same fella that was responsible for the Pontiac Aztec. Too lazy to check the validity of the statement but it did sway my opinion, unfortunately.
    I'll prob like this rendition when I see the next redesign.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contributing to this thread -
    I've have this Land Cruiser for 12 years and finally getting her out to places she's comfortable. It's been fun.

IMG_1296.jpg

FullSizeRender1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ineff View Post
    I've been driving around a lot in this thing lately.

Inside pictures are now a month + old and there have been some additions and re-organization done.

As far as automobile goes, it actually drives surprisingly nice. Okay power, and a pretty smooth ride! Gets blown around on the interstate a bit when it gets over 70, but thats to be expected.

Do all those parts and supplies on the shelves stay put when you are driving it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ras, nice rig. What year is that FZJ?
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested in getting a new car. Maybe selling my FJ or maybe keeping it and leasing a new daily driver. Here's what I want. Reasonably nice, manual transmission, goes like stink, wagon (or roomy hatch)...and no, I can't get an E63 AMG. I kinda want my old WRX wagon back, but with an updated interior. Anything new or interesting out there? I feel like manual will be the sticking point since it's disappearing from car lineups pretty rapidly.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Matt.
    It's a '95, but the grille is replace with a pre'95 model. I liked the TOYOTA more than the newer logo.
    I also just finished replacing the interior leather and adding seat heaters. That was a fun project...

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG