Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merino jacket options?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Merino jacket options?

Been a while since I've checked in on this because of work, but it looks like plenty of options to explore. Thanks for the help, folks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to re-up this thread to give a shout out to the folks at Cima Coppi.

After seeing this thread and the link to their website I decided to buy one of their jersey's. In typical fashion I procrastinated and with a trip coming up, inquired of the good folks whether I might get the jersey in time.

They had my size, had it to me in less then 2 days by mail. Size large, perfect fit. Short sleeve, zipper.

Lovely jersey that feels like silk on, and cut extra long so it won't ride up. Beautiful.

Thank you folks, appreciate the jersey and the fast service. I will be rocking my inner Sean Kelly down in AZ next week!

Edit: the colours of the Irish flag are the only thing I will have in common with the great Sean, I can assure you.

Just to prove the point, I will post the gruesome evidence of my lack of worthiness on the Strava group when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. You got the Sean rather than the Ryder?
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Nice. You got the Sean rather than the Ryder?
    I did. I was conflicted, but two things worked in Sean's favour; 1) I have a Rapha club jersey in red and white, and 2). As I said, I procrastinated wildly and suddenly realized that the boys "weekend" starts next Wednesday for me, and I reckoned if I'm going to be the Lanterne Rouge, I should do it in style -the Sean, in my size was in stock!

As I say, lovely jersey. I have nothing against Rapha at all, but I might have bought my last Rapha jersey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toomanybikes View Post
    I did. I was conflicted, but two things worked in Sean's favour; 1) I have a Rapha club jersey in red and white, and 2). As I said, I procrastinated wildly and suddenly realized that the boys "weekend" starts next Wednesday for me, and I reckoned if I'm going to be the Lanterne Rouge, I should do it in style -the Sean, in my size was in stock!

As I say, lovely jersey. I have nothing against Rapha at all, but I might have bought my last Rapha jersey.
    Thanks tmb. When you're not out in it, can you describe the jersey a bit more? Does it have contrast trim on the pockets and sleeves like the Ryder? Does the zipper come down to the contrast stripe on the chest?
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, hey guys, thanks so much for the kind words about the jersey. I'm glad that you are out enjoying it and I'm happy I had one made up for you.

@ 72gmc... the jerseys can be made in anyway that you like, I do custom work and specialize in team jerseys, so it's no problem to do the stripes how you wish. All my jerseys are made with the zipper terminating in the chest stripe.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Thanks again!
    Cima Coppi Cycle Wear
    Custom merino wool, made-to-measure, in Oviedo, Spain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12