User Tag List

Page 209 of 362 FirstFirst ... 199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 7239

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by ldamelio View Post
    Lionel - 991.2 GT3 prices have dropped to near or at MRSP in the last few months in many parts of the country. Touring a little higher, but there are better deals out there than the $15 - 50k over that you mentioned. Caveat is that these are for prices on existing car spec'd by dealer, not order slots, which are all gone at this point. There's a gorgeous winged chalk (crayon) at my dealer asking 5k over to start. The itch is strong.
    Yeah I have noticed that some of them could be add near MSRP, most of them are fully loaded around $200K with full buckets though.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Is your friend called Spike Feresten?
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the touring look. Most people see it as a "basic" 911. I cannot see myself driving around with a GT3 with the wing, but I can definitely see myself driving around i one of these. Still wowed from the drive yesterday. Too bad that getting one is quite hard and there is no way I will ever pay over MSRP for any car.

Oh and the one I drove was ordered with sofa seats instead of full carbon buckets. Makes more sense for a touring. The full buckets I sat on at the dealer are pretty hard to get in and out of. This car had them so I got to sit in there for a while.

i like it too- but the wide body thing just looks weird to me without at least a duck tail- but all the 911s gong forward even the non-turbos are going to have the wide body now.

my friend Paul has a silver GT3 that i've driven. he gets a new fancy 911 every time they come out with one. he always gets his for MSRP but he's also bought probably 10 cars over the last 20 years from the Porsche dealer here. He likes the GT3 a lot more than the 7 speed manual he had before. That engine is pretty close to perfect.

if i were to pick a modern Porsche- it would certainly be a GT3- but since i'm dreaming I think I'll hold out for a RUF SCR or CTR. RUF Automobile GmbH – Manufaktur fur Hochleistungsautomobile – RUF SCR
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The allure of the GT3. I had a beautiful guards red 996 with about 400 hp. I had it corner balanced, put in a clubsport package, bought a set of champion forged one piece wheels upon which I installed Dunlop R compound tires, and put in high temp brake fluid and pagid pads. The car was about perfect and completely insane on the road. The sound, the pull, the throttle response, the steering, and the balance of the car were ridiculous. I haven't driven a GT3 after a 997 but I can't imagine what a new one is like. I sold mine because I went over 100 about every time I jumped in it, and I was getting bored of doing track days. The car belonged on the track. I kind of wish I still had it but I had my fun. I've posted a picture of me driving it through turn 12 at Portland international raceway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to stop thinking about this. Getting this car will probably have me in jail pretty quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to stop thinking about this. Getting this car will probably have me in jail pretty quick.
    Lionel: By your own admission, you had every driver in Roubaix ready to kill you while riding a bicycle at 18mph through red lights and cutting people off on your way to the velodrome during the PR Challenge. When we went to go pick up our packets I had to sprint back and forth from you to the end of our small group because I think you thought it was St. Patrick's day and all the lights were green- and no one else knew where the hell we were going. When Jeff and I visited you in Palo Alto- I had to break several laws in my barbie mobile 3 series bimmer, just to not lose you- you also ridiculed me when I called it quits at about 90mph in the GT500 on Torrey Pines road and didn't catch that little early '70s 911 RS that was screaming up the hill...(I tink the speedlimit is 40mph on Torrey Pines Road- maybe 25 when you go by the school.) I think the only reason vehicles have not caused you incarceration thus far has little to do with the vehicle and more to do with divine providence.

buy the gt3. you only live once and my suspicion is that this is the last chance ever to get a current top of the line Porsche with a naturally aspirated engine. There's no way they're going to ever do it again in light of Euro emissions, increasing battery technology and their hard-on for turbo chargers. you'll only ever be able to have a car like this again when it is old and out of date and you won't really want to daily drive it. the other thing is that if you have the capital- there is no way you'll be spending any money on the thing. they're only going to increase in values because they're not going to ever make anything like it again.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    Lionel: By your own admission, you had every driver in Roubaix ready to kill you while riding a bicycle at 18mph through red lights and cutting people off on your way to the velodrome during the PR Challenge. When we went to go pick up our packets I had to sprint back and forth from you to the end of our small group because I think you thought it was St. Patrick's day and all the lights were green- and no one else knew where the hell we were going. When Jeff and I visited you in Palo Alto- I had to break several laws in my barbie mobile 3 series bimmer, just to not lose you- you also ridiculed me when I called it quits at about 90mph in the GT500 on Torrey Pines road and didn't catch that little early '70s 911 RS that was screaming up the hill...(I tink the speedlimit is 40mph on Torrey Pines Road- maybe 25 when you go by the school.) I think the only reason vehicles have not caused you incarceration thus far has little to do with the vehicle and more to do with divine providence.

buy the gt3. you only live once and my suspicion is that this is the last chance ever to get a current top of the line Porsche with a naturally aspirated engine. There's no way they're going to ever do it again in light of Euro emissions, increasing battery technology and their hard-on for turbo chargers. you'll only ever be able to have a car like this again when it is old and out of date and you won't really want to daily drive it. the other thing is that if you have the capital- there is no way you'll be spending any money on the thing. they're only going to increase in values because they're not going to ever make anything like it again.
    All extremely good points :) But I am not sure that the 992 GT3 is going to be turbo charged. If I knew that as you said buying the current GT3 could be a good "investment" but that argument was made of the 991.1 GT3 and the 991.2 GT3 came out with an even better NA engine. So who knows....

I actually wonder how these emissions law work. Every car has to pass or they have to pass as a complete line up of cars ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All extremely good points :) But I am not sure that the 992 GT3 is going to be turbo charged. If I knew that as you said buying the current GT3 could be a good "investment" but that argument was made of the 991.1 GT3 and the 991.2 GT3 came out with an even better NA engine. So who knows....

I actually wonder how these emissions law work. Every car has to pass or they have to pass as a complete line up of cars ?
    2015-2016 GT3s are going for $130,000 all day and all the water cooled GT3 seem to not be getting any change from a 100k and if I remember their MSRPS weren't all that much higher back then.

In Europe the car "model" just needs to pass. Here in California, you're exempt from smogging your car for a little while- but once it becomes due- you can't do anything to modify your car or you'll fail. I literally have my old supercharger and my intake for my GT500 so I can re-install it prior to its smog test. It takes me about four hours to do the work- but I have to because the days of sketchy Smog Shops are gone.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm toying with the idea of taking my Mustang GT500 money and putting it into the Cayman-I know that is really, really stupid but I love doing dumb shit like that.

Part of me wants to put a real Metzger engine and tranny in it. Part of me wants to put elephant racing suspension on it- raise it a bit- and set it up as a rally/safari Cayman. Skidplates, Hella driving lights, a basket with a spare tire on the roof, rally wheels and tires, and be able to just bomb around on the thing off road. I could keep the stupid slush box and the anemic 2.7l engine then and it would still be fun.

or maybe I'll just do the aesthetic thing- get some RUF 19" wheels, a RUF front clip, and headers and an exhaust to wake it up a little bit.

or I should just sell the Cayman, sell the GT500, and buy a the best 911 I can afford. but that would be boring.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post

or I should just sell the Cayman, sell the GT500, and buy a the best 911 I can afford. but that would be boring.
    Maybe boring but the best idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buy a the best 911 I can afford. <<< That

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy a metzger Pcar like a 996 or 997 GT3 or turbo. If I ever get another Porsche it will be one of those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to stop this nonsense. Power is only part of the equation and you can't make any proper use of more than 300hp on open roads. Forget about those heavy modern POS, buy a race prepped Porsche 914/6 GT and relocate next to a race track. Raw, rough, light, agile, handle beautifully naturally and the soundtrack is unmatched by the modern proposals. It is 50y old and look more modern than any 911 will ever look.

--
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm obsessed with the 500 Abarth.

Yes, I've driven one. Yes, the seat is too high and the reach is stupid. Yes it understeers annoyingly. Yes there is nasty turbo lag. Yes it is too narrow. Yes, it is absolutely ludicrous, and that it precisely its charm. I must have one.

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Looks like somebody put a 911 in a panini press............

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    I have to stop this nonsense. Power is only part of the equation and you can't make any proper use of more than 300hp on open roads. Forget about those heavy modern POS, buy a race prepped Porsche 914/6 GT and relocate next to a race track. Raw, rough, light, agile, handle beautifully naturally and the soundtrack is unmatched by the modern proposals. It is 50y old and look more modern than any 911 will ever look.

Nah, that looks old. Looks cool, but certainly not modern.

If we're talking light weight cars, I'd *LOVE* to have a Lotus Elise. 180hp Toyota engine that'll live forever in a 2,000lbs all aluminum chassis.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ldamelio View Post
    Looks like somebody put a 911 in a panini press............

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    They should have stopped at two doors.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    What a load of BS !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOOFUS View Post
    I'm obsessed with the 500 Abarth.

Yes, I've driven one. Yes, the seat is too high and the reach is stupid. Yes it understeers annoyingly. Yes there is nasty turbo lag. Yes it is too narrow. Yes, it is absolutely ludicrous, and that it precisely its charm. I must have one.
    There was a shift linkage with a plastic bushing that died pretty early in its life-cycle unless they've changed that.

Fiat 5 Shift Cable Repair Kit Manual Transmission
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books