User Tag List

Page 222 of 364 FirstFirst ... 212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 7273

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

My back.

I dunno what's going on. My middle back is killing me. It started hurting after last night's crit. I woke up a few times last night and now I can't take deep breaths without wincing.

From a few mins of googling, it looks like this is the culprit:
    upper-back-strain-trapezius.jpg

So I'm just a total weenie. I have just have a strained muscle. I know that real back pain is coming. Between being hunched over at a desk and being draped over a bicycle, I know my back is going to be a wreck in a decade or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Sturgill Simpson last night, that's not a grump, I'll tell you how awesome it was Friday.

I complained about cell phone videographers at the last concert, they weren't so bad last night. It was SRO so being old I leaned against a wall in the back/side, which i guess is where all the drunk youngsters go to talk as LOUDER THAN THE MUSIC during the show. I swear to Waylon Jennings I almost killed someone last night.

And a PSA - please don't go to a show to visit, or if you do go over by the bar you tool. That and for the love of Willie Nelson don't wear costume cowboy hats in public, you're not one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    those do can, do. Those who can't, teach.
    People who equate 'reading from a book to people' with 'teaching'. If you think it's easy, you ought to try it sometime.
    To edit: people who crap on the teaching profession in general.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lake front path wheelsuckers.
    What are you, conserving energy for that massive two-up sprint against a bike share commuter?
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

I'm at the allergist getting poked with all sorts of allergens and I'm effing itchy all over. So very itchy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Froome
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks - a well build wheel is straighter than the tire you put on it, especially a big knobby MTB tire. There's no need to bringing the wheel in to be looked out when the tire has 2mm of wobble to it.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had brain fog, lethargy and vertigo this week. I haven't ridden in 10 and can't even hardly see straight. Trying to get some shop time done and a bike or three finished. Something has to change by tomorrow, it's friday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summer cold/virus. Came out of nowhere. Haven't been around anyone sick, haven't done anything strenuous or stupid to lower resistance.

I've gone from being reasonably healthy to getting a cold or flu every 4 months. Frustrating.
    killing idols one at a time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really, really, really effin hate removing pedals with an allen wrench. I always get mixed up with the left one.. What happened to pedal wrenches?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The number of available 12mm x 100 TA front hub options.

And the price of sports camps for kids.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having duplicitous co-workers
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not being able to ride (a bicycle) for the last week+.

I'm thinking about running again.

I don't know which makes me grumpier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been going to all of the bike demos around me to try out sweet bikes and note how they ride on their geometry sheets.

now I want some seriously expensive bikes that I cant justify. particularly the Cannondale F-SI mtb. that was a sweet ride for the nice tight trails here.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

President Obama has been in Oklahoma City yesterday and today and these proud Americans were there to greet him, waiving a flag that apparently is very important to them. Idiots.

(image is from the BBC web site)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoB View Post
    People who equate 'reading from a book to people' with 'teaching'. If you think it's easy, you ought to try it sometime.
    To edit: people who crap on the teaching profession in general.
    I don't try it because I can't. And reading out of a book in front of people who know the book better than the reader isn't teaching. It's an insult to the teaching profession.

I support teaching and scholarship and hold these people in the highest regard (and I support these words at the ballot box) and I'm sure teachers hold book readers who drone on in front of a classroom in a lower position of respect than those who have spent years or decades learning their subject matter and tailoring it to the audience. A newhire pilot who has weaseled his way into the training department at an airline is no teacher.

Thankfully, this year's first day was a complete turnaround and our two instructors (one of whom is a woman with a decade on the aircraft type in question) knew the material well and presented it extremely well. I retract my grump about going to class and look forward to tomorrow's day in class entirely because this year we have good instructors who have taken boring material and made it as relevant as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email to Contracting: Hey - I'd like to get a purchase order for a contract. Here are necessary documents A, B, C, D and E.

Contracting: We need document C.

Email to Contracting: Fwd: Hey - I'd like to get a purchase order for a contract. Here are necessary documents A, B, C, D and E.

Contracting: We need document E.

Email to Contracting: Fwd: Fwd: Hey - I'd like to get a purchase order for a contract. Here are necessary documents A, B, C, D and E.

Contracting: We need information from document A.

Email to Contracting: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Hey - I'd like to get a purchase order for a contract. Here are necessary documents A, B, C, D and E.

Contracting: Got it.

There are three more of these to do tomorrow - what's the over/under on this going on until fecking August?
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to put out a contract on one of the formerly-feral cats in my neighborhood, who had become the easy-chair kitty over the last eight years. Two trips to the clinic and a (full day--how long does it take to run a BUN/Creatinine test?) wait to discover that her kidneys had failed. No recovery from that. Another day (with this cat clearly trying to die, palliative care and BID subcutaneous fluids) to get a house-call vet to the property to put her down.

That's not the grump. We did the best we could for the old girl, and she didn't suffer long.

I went to bury her, and the damn shovel handle broke on the hardpan. Dug the rest of the grave with a trowel.

Alas,

Will
    William M. deRosset
    Fort Collins, CO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a good week on the bike.

- Got clipped by a driver making who was making an illegal right turn last Sunday. No significant injury or damage to the bike, so I guess that's a plus.
    - Mysterious creak has re-surfaced, possibly from the impact with the car.
    - Cleaned my bike after a wet ride only to discover that the shop somehow forgot to re-install the bearing shields on my Hollowgrams after the last time I took it in to diagnose the previous mystery creak. Now I have to take it back and hope that they still have my original shields or new ones in stock. They better not effin' charge me...
    - My elbow and hip are still sore as hell from sliding out on a CX ride a week ago Thursday.
    - Spent two nights shooting at the biggest race series in the area all year and have ZERO images that I'm stoked about. I borrowed a friend's 70-200/2.8 and spent way too much time pretending to be a sports photographer instead of focusing on documentary type images, which is what I'm good at.
    My name is Hung | Instagram | Website/portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LATE:

I enter data I'm given. If I don't get the data, I don't enter it. PM's don't seem to understand that their understudies aren't getting me the data, despite me sending both of them copies of the data I get for their review before I submit it.

Once PMs realize data is missing, shit hits the fan and falls on me, of course. I'm pretty fucking tired of it. Every PM has been in a meeting and has been told to get their shit together. Doesn't happen. And every week it's the same crap. It's all horribly inefficient and frustrating.

Problem is lack of accountability. And it's a big problem. All these guys have been here 10+ years and are set in their ways of handshakes and phone calls. That shit doesn't work on multi-million dollar contracts and military bases.
    -Dustin