User Tag List

Page 226 of 364 FirstFirst ... 216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 7273

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    don't do it man. $$ can't buy happiness.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    don't do it man. $$ can't buy happiness.
    It is more about the fun I'll have and being in the position to moving mountains and leading other than it is about the money. Frankly I haven't thought about the money til now. Hmmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a mundane one, before the bile subsides... AT&T, ALWAYS WITH THE AT&T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    It is more about the fun I'll have and being in the position to moving mountains and leading other than it is about the money. Frankly I haven't thought about the money til now. Hmmmm
    Geez, when you describe it like that, it sounds pretty good . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canadian $ is so low.

Bought some tubes and weld-ons for a new project. $120usd was roughly $170. rough.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stackie View Post
    Come around hairpin turn last sunday, not super fast. I saw a dog and a runner on the other side through the trees. OK, no big deal. But, no, when they actually come into visibility, turns out there are 4 runners and an off leash dog spread out across two lanes of road. WTF. As I adjust my line to avoid them. I say, "Please don't do that and keep your dog on a leash" Seriously, I said exactly that. Response? "Fuck you". Well, great. My response, "Ya, I'm just a dick about safety."

So, basically, I'm grumping about people who cannot fathom that there is anyone else in the world, and, if there are, they are without rights.

Grrrr.

Jon
    In NYC, it is dogs on retractable leashes. What's wrong with that? Owner texting on the phone, squirrel sashays by, dog jumps and runs to the end of leash, yanks person to the ground, dog in the road, gets hit by car or takes down cyclist, or all of the above. Too crowded, too little space and people are too inattentive already to manage a retractable leash with a reel lock on it that may or may not work or the owner may not even know how to operate in the first place.

Or better yet, don't have a dog that was bred to work in the wide open spaces in a city where big apartments start at 1000 sq. feet and work weeks regularly exceed 40 hours. Get a cat or a goldfish or maybe a plant. A small plant. NYC is an unfair place to keep a working dog breed. It probably is an unfair place to keep working people, but it is definitely unfair to dogs.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three weeks at a new job. Happy to have a new job, but....

As much as you kick the tires and look under the hood, you never know what kind of job it will be until you get there full time. New job is a shit show. As a technologist, everything is so broken I am not sure where to start even though I have been doing this more than 20 years. Ready to tell my new boss that we might just want to throw everything away and start fresh because it will probably cost less, take less time than fixing what we have, and be less disruptive. This is my third shit show job in a row and not what I wanted in a new job. Yes, I am good at cleaning up technology messes but the mental toll it takes and the amount of personal time I lose is just not worth it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    As much as you kick the tires and look under the hood, you never know what kind of job it will be until you get there full time. New job is a shit show.
    This terrifies me.

I attacked and initiated the winning break in last night's world championship. I got dropped out of it a few laps later. I'm only now getting my legs back. I think I've forgotten how to listen to my body. By the time I realized I needed to sit on for a few rotations, I was totally cooked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just need one person, just one, to think through what they want and write a coherent email. Bonus points if they spell all the words right. Maybe when they don't know what somebody is using for their information they ask that person, not me. Maybe when they have a question they don't send me something like "they took my security do dad so am I supposed to fill out the VPN form?" by instant message. Maybe the execs could have thought twice before they signed the contract to outsource application programming and lay off all the programmers that know how stuff works and replace them with commodity programmers that turn over every six weeks without any knowledge transfer so we get to retrain them each and every time they come on new. Maybe I could send the programmers their way when they tell me that they thought one interface was out of scope when we specifically documented the requirement and now they don't have any idea how to convert so they'll charge another 800 hours to the project.

And both cats think that the boxes are only for crapping in. They go down, stand next to the box and whiz. Not every time, just when the mood strikes, I guess.

Oh yeah, the other thing to crap on is the bathmat. Mental note: turn on bathroom light before entering barefoot.

Old cats with dementia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colonoscopy prep starts in a few hours. It's 24 hours of grump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Elephant Journal. WTF is this shit? It's like the new version of Cosmo for Women, only these Women are all into Yoga (which is fine), and new-age half-hippy feel good self-empowerment bullshit w/an anti-men bent. I have a bunch of female friends on FB, many of them due to my various physical fitness activities/pursuits, plus I live in Maine and well, it's just not urban here so there's lots of hippy-dom/farmdom/artdom/time on my hands cuz I don't have a fulltime jobdem/etcdom/, and this Elephant Journal crap comes across my FB all the time! The writing is ridiculous, to say nothing of the subject matter, and so forth. I can't, for the life of me, understand why any Woman w/a brain would see value in this beauty that came across my feed ystrdy. Trust me, there's no need to read beyond the title.
    A Thank You Letter to the Men Who Didn’t Have the Balls to Claim Me. | elephant journal
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fences.

Last quote was $3500. Meh. 3 days later, our neighbor told us that Tank (now a whopping 13lbs) has been getting out everyday. And that he was almost hit by a vehicle.

See, my other neighbor and I share a fence, and it's pulled away at one section. A lot. Enough for Tank to get through. I've asked if I could go back and put some rocks up or something to keep Tank from getting through, but they'd prefer to do it themselves. And it's not working.

So, I got a 2nd quote yesterday from another company...$5800.

These are plain, 6' privacy fences with wooden posts. Nothing special.

Company A measured 193 linear feet at $18/ foot and uses coated screws, 3/4" pickets, and 4x4 posts. 1 gate is included. $3500 done and done.
    Company B measured 224 linear feed at $25/ foot and uses round shank nails, 5/8" pickets, and 4x4 posts. 1 gate is an additional $180. $5800 done and done.
    Company C said they wouldn't replace a fence Jun - August.

That's a substantial difference.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poison oak....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woke up yesterday morning and turned on my phone. Nothing.

The good news? It's a corporate asset and we have a pile of retired phones that can be pressed into service when something like this happens.

The bad news? The HTC EVO 3D I used for the last 24 hours SUCKS. Good lord I had no idea what a spoiled prima donna I'd become until I was forced to try and use a four year old phone for a day. I hate it, and I hate myself for being as whiny and dependent on my phone as it turns out I am.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too much watts. we bent the 39t mid chainring on our tandem last night.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bikinchris View Post
    Okay, I'll chime in with what champs my ass. Go to the restroom, and then wash hands. Turn to dry my hands and all they have are those pitiful little blowers. No hand towels. Not even a dispenser. The door opens inward. You have to pull the handle to open the door. You know most of the people who come in here never wash their hands, even after taking a dump.
    At least make the door swing outward to leave.
    Buy one of these and install it yourself:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm dble grumping today. Not sure how many pushups I have to do, so whoever knows let me know. I just stumbled across the site below, as it turns out, there are many just like it which is a sad commentary on our world, more so, men and masculinity. I've sung this song before in these very halls, but this is f'ng insane. Some dude, tried to be a male model and was told he couldn't, really likes clothes and fancies himself a dandy and either has a friend w/a camera or hires one. Best of all: is not afraid to pose, and is fine w/talking about his posing, his outfit, the how and the why of what a wild, creative, against the grain guy he is, despite working in corporate. Wow, that is unique. Not only that, his ensembles aren't great, and this one is flat-out ridiculous. Another best part: he found himself out on a dreary Monday eve? in this? Despite a corporate job? Plus he's one of those guys that thinks using the word sartorial, somehow elevates him in the world of clothes and how to wear them. One of my gay friends in highschool wore multiple iterations of this very outfit, only well, time and again. I'll say it again: the internet needs Editors armed w/cold unfeeling cleavers.
    Twenty First Century Gent: Wild in the City
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday morning, 10:30 am, 72 degrees, 40 minutes into a ride and really feeling good, Riding on a flat, 4 mile straight open 2 lane country road frequented by cyclists....then...BAM..... hit from behind by a pick-up truck doing 45 mph.

His excuse...."I didn't see you."....WTF?

I was damn lucky.....lot's of road rash, broken clavicle, stitches, bruised ribs, etc. etc. but I could have been killed.

Sachs is at the shop being appraised for damage... probably send to e-Richie for final check once Ins company releases.

But...I didn't see you?...... I was riding in front of you for miles.

I swear cell phones are going to eventually keep me from riding roads.

Ugh..do everything right, and it still doesn't matter.

Len
    IMG_0584.JPGIMG_0574.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Len ~ Wishing you a speedy recovery, luckily everything you listed should heal. I hate to be an instigator, but I hope you recover more than enough damages to make an equally painful point with this person.

My grump, effing people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Shit Len. Sorry to hear...heal up fast.