User Tag List

Page 236 of 364 FirstFirst ... 226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 7273

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellafab View Post
    does your insurance cover your tooling?
    I'm working on that now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I have a cold...again. I've been sick more this year than the last 5 years all together. Over it.
    Week two and I think this may be another sinus infection. I haven't ridden all week and it doesn't seem like I'll be able to do much beyond easy spins for a while. At this point I have pretty much given up on the rest of my season. After being sick for the first 3 months of the year I've been working since April to prep for next month's state championships and road races. Now I probably won't even bother going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Applying for loans is a monumental pain in the ass.

After years of avoiding it, I am resigned to the necessity. But still.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Week two and I think this may be another sinus infection. I haven't ridden all week and it doesn't seem like I'll be able to do much beyond easy spins for a while. At this point I have pretty much given up on the rest of my season. After being sick for the first 3 months of the year I've been working since April to prep for next month's state championships and road races. Now I probably won't even bother going.
    Man, this year has been the same for me. 3 or 4 colds that seem to linger on for weeks!
    Tom Lowry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post

-- financial & credit ability is a pita with a smile.., my friend..

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed.
    We are buying significantly less house than we were pre-qualified for.
    Everything s/b a slam dunk, but there's always 3 more nitpicky questions every time I turn around.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I'm working on that now.
    not to stick it to your insurance, but if there is no OEM motor and you don't have any specialty attachments, push for a new mill entirely?
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're moving. It's decided. There is sort of a time line...and it's fast, with a vacation near the end. The vacation is paid for, so, we're going!! We also have two family weddings we have to go to.

We gotta find a new house.

Oh, and we've got to sell the house we're in now. And pack all our crap. Gotta decide what to do with the 75G aquarium...

The next few weeks are going to SUCK. I don't suspect I'll get to ride a bike again until November.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a bad day. This is my one sentence to acknowledge it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen Reno in progress.

Plumber absolutely GUARANTEES that he will be here this afternoon at 1:00 PM to install the RO system. My wife is away so I say I will stay home.

It is now 3:30 and the asshole has not only not shown up but hasn't phoned or anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No enough hours in a day. That's all.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent the week working on computers. Exactly what a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering should do with his time.

And don't even try to get someone on the phone. They have erected immense barriers to prevent conversation about a problem.
    IRS funding continues to decrease, particularly in the areas where it actually catches tax cheats. It's too bad you couldn't get anyone on the phone, because a few years ago when they caught us paying tax early and said we owed $20k, a phone call was all it took to settle it. "Do you want a letter about this?" "no, not needed"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took a nap on the beach today. Now there is sand in my cast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I spent the day at an engineering job fair at Oklahoma University. I'm recruiting co-ops which is like a super internship that lasts 1-2 semesters of school. The school of engineering supports the program and the students remain enrolled while they are doing their co-op. It's pretty decent pay, about $23 an hour with a cost offset apartment. A successful co-op tour will all but guarantee the student a job after graduation. For US facilities we don't hire anyone that requires sponsorship to work in the US. It's not worth it for a 6 month position. I spent a good deal of my day with arguing students from the Indian subcontinent who insisted that they did not need sponsorship. I showed them how to apply for international jobs within the company and pointed out how many facilities we have in India. Not good enough. I finally just ignored them because I wasn't making any progress. I wonder how many eligible prospects we missed out on during the arguments.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jamaal Charles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuck pawls, a bad valve and early meetings. No ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

House was completely remodeled 11 years ago by the previous owners. Is there an 11 year expiration on appliances? In the last 2 months, dishwasher - dead, wine fridge - dead, refrigerator - dying fast, washer - acting up. It's like an 11 year curse on appliances.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a backseat grump to a life changing happy thing -accepted a job offer- .. now I have to quit the one I'm at and really like everyone I work with and don't want to piss them off. Alas, it comes with the territory I guess. but it's made more difficult in that my boss works in Cincy and I in Boston.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is funny, and I laugh when I watch it. My grump? It's scary accurate, in fact, its spot-on.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hard drives and capacitors failing left and right. Very annoying