Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Concerts you are going to

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Concerts you are going to

It’s a relatively small rectangular room with a tiny stage in one corner opposite a small bar that serves beer, in an old boat warehouse or hangar. It’s such a small place the sound is fine. It’s a great venue for shows and it gets good acts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
    I’ve seen Jason many times since he left the Drive-By Truckers. He puts on a great show, and his band is awesome. I’m jealous about the Ryman. I might have to plan a pilgrimage to attend his residency next year. I can live without Amanda’s solo stuff, but she’s great as a backing vocalist. John Prine is a treasure, I last saw him with Margo Price and they both were great.

My last show was Lucinda Williams playing Car Wheels. Great Album and really good show.

My next up is Sarah Borges in Troy, NY on Friday. She was incredible when she opened there for the Bottle Rockets, and she is playing with her own band this time around rather than with the Bottle Rocket’s rhythm section. Then the North Mississippi Allstars the following week.
    Lucky man. Wish that i got out that often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North Mississippi Allstars tonight at The Hamilton in D.C.
    I've seen them a few times. Always a good show!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dinosaur Jr. Friday night, not at the Ryman.. but you know it’s hard to pack them Marshalls on that old rickety stage.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They opened for Isbell when I saw him last month - they rock!! First time I've seen someone play an electric washboard.

The chick wasn't at the show month....based on the date on this video and her belly, I think I know why.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
    Post a review. I see them on Saturday.
    Really, really good show on Wednesday at the Hamilton in DC. The best NMAS show I’ve been to. As was posted above, it is just Luther & Cody with Jesse on bass.

Started with Luther playing maybe 4 songs acoustic solo and then the rest of the band joining in. The guys were having fun. It was a stripped down, loose, bluesy show. There were a few stories, jokes, and some fun back and forth with the audience. Twice Luther and Cody switched with Luther playing drums and Cody playing guitar. It was interesting watching Luther constantly working his amps for each song to get just the sound he wanted out of his guitar. They zigged and zagged a bunch too, deciding to play a song after a comment or story and Luther had to grab a different guitar quick. Good crowd too. Not sure if it was sold-out, but close. They did sell-out out the seated section. We had standing tickets.

Had a prime spot! Second row right in front of Luther. I got one the band’s set lists. My friends also thought it was a fantastic show. Great night!

NMAS_Hamilton_2019.jpg

NMAS_Hamilton_Setlist.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 extra tickets to the North Mississippi Allstars tonight at the Cohoes Music Hall. The show is pretty much sold out, so if you’re in the area and want to go, send me a PM with your email and a phone number. The seats are good — center left parquet row c (there aren’t many bad ones in the Music Hall). Face is $40.30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went and saw U2 on their Joshua Tree tour through NZ and Oz (and beyond).

While it was in a stadium and the sound quality suffered for it (echoes), it was, this aside a great show.

The opening (Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, New Year's Day, Bad - with a bit of Nick Cave in the middle and a stadium of phone torches in tribute to fire fighters as parts of the east coast of Oz have battled their second round of devastating bush fires in spring - and Pride) was high energy, before moving onto the main stage backed by a 61m LCD screen for The Joshua Tree from go to whoa. Personally, I've always really liked the second half of The Joshua Tree, so it was great to see it live. I wasn't overly fussed by the encore as the main game was done and dusted, but it did go on for a while bring the song tally for the evening up to 25.

Bit annoyed now that I've missed some bands touring to play their iconic albums. Sonic Youth Daydream Nation. How good would that have been?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Speaking of SY, I’m seeing Thurston Moore on Dec 4th. Was lucky to see Sonic Youth twice before they broke up and the Daydream Nation-era songs were monstrous live. This will be my first time seeing him solo.
    John Cully
    I ride bikes...not enough.
    I drink wine...not enough.
    I play guitar & bass...not well enough.
    I travel...not NEARLY enough.
    www.luccavacationhome.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough when two good shows in town the same night. Instead of NMA saw Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives at the Egg. I'd see them again any time. Great songs, they're all master musicians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Buddy Guy at the Palace in Albany last night. KWS was pretty good, not as good as the Egg show I saw when they were supporting the blues album they did a while back. Buddy Guy was very much not at his best. I've seen him four times or so and I don't think I'll be making an effort to see him again. Several things but most telling was his guitar playing was simply not what I've seen before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sadly, Brian Setzer has canceled his Christmas Rocks Tour because of a severe case of tinnitus. Fawk, we had tickets for Thursday.

BRIAN SETZER FORCED TO CANCEL 16TH ANNUAL BRIAN SETZER ORCHESTRA “CHRISTMAS ROCKS! TOUR” DUE TO A SEVERE CASE OF TINNITUS | Brian Setzer

Well it was probably not going to help my tinnitus anyway.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know how it is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evawhite View Post
    Anybody know how it is?
    Sure, yeah.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please tell me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian Setzer at the Ryman-now that’s something for everyone. Bummed he canceled, I’ve been 3 times to see him play there. It’s one of my favorite things about the Holidayzs..
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We went to see Pokey LaFarge 3 weeks ago and Birds of Chicago last week. Pokey was fun but the crowd at the small venue (The Ark, Ann Arbor) was a little too into it. He had to ask a man to stop clapping and the shouted song requests were distracting.

Birds of Chicago make beautiful music and have a great sense of humor on stage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evawhite View Post
    please tell me...
    It is what it is.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In addition to Thurston Moore on Weds, I'm going to see Aaron Perrino (ex-Sheila Divine) on Thursday and Cracker on Friday up in Portland, ME. Full week! Looking for something for Saturday...
    John Cully
    I ride bikes...not enough.
    I drink wine...not enough.
    I play guitar & bass...not well enough.
    I travel...not NEARLY enough.
    www.luccavacationhome.com