User Tag List

Page 26 of 364 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    This is kind of odd here in FL right? I haven't experienced allergy problems in the 8 years of living here except for this year ... Also new allergies for my son/wife. Global fucking warming.
    Odd enough that I've been convinced I had a cold for the last few weeks because I don't have allergy problems. This isn't a cold and I'm over it.

Bonus grump...forgetting to invite me to meetings and then wondering why I haven't made any progress on what was agreed to in the meeting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by false_aesthetic View Post
    Subtle forms of racism in chain restaurants + on billboards.

My mostly minority class got it in 12 seconds.
    "The people on the walls [of McDonalds] are black but their skin is light and they dress like white people."

My mostly white class:
    "But those models just look nice."
    "Why?"
    "I dunno they just do."
    "Describe their skin tone."
    "Black."
    "No, describe the lightness or darkness and the color."
    "They're black."
    That's because they're the kind of black people that white people find nonthreatening. The only difference in those ads is skin color. It's insultingly idealistic.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VeLoBrAn - drop for 20 monkeybutt. No talking. Grumps only. XXXX

Droning demagogues. Relentless banality. Substance and a reasonably hoppy beer, I don't ask for much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son is in a special needs class at the local public schools center. He is progressing well (he has been diagnosed with apraxia and a minor chromosomal deletion), and odds are by the time he is 5 he can enter kindergarten with the other kids his age. But as I watch (and am extremely grateful for his development), my heart aches for many of his little classmates and the various (and more severe) things they have to overcome to live in this big scary world. To my 3.5yr old son these are his friends and nothing else. That is a beautiful thing.

I know it is out of my hands (or ability) to "fix this", and that "fixing it" is not the right answer, but it certainly makes me grumpy or chaps my ass or whatever you want to call it. It also makes me grumpy that I don't more free time to volunteer at his class every moment they are there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The people on the walls [of McDonalds] are black but their skin is light and they dress like white people."

My mostly white class:
    "Why?"
    "I dunno they just do."
    "Black."
    "They're black."
    So, Colin Powell or Halle Berry should/could never do a Mikky-D's ad...But, oh, I dunno.....Wesley Snipes in sweats could? This feels to me a lot like portions of the "Women Framebuilders" thread. Which chapped my arse, btw, so there..I qualified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

urine - i down my share of coffee during the day, but also lots and lots of water like i'm told. thus i'm pissing a lot. i don't know if its cuz i use a stand up desk now or i'm just growing progressively lazier, but i am dribbling down my leg all fucking day and its irksome, to say the least. while i'm on the high road: there are a several old wrinkly odd weird fellahs at the Y where i swim in the am and for whatever reason, they love to stand around naked and yapping! in the showers, in the locker room, whatever. this one guy, i swear he takes his clothes off before saying hello to anyone. our gang shower is a square room, and there are 3 to 4 old guys that stand in the middle talking like they are on a smoke break. i really shouldn't have to say "excuse me", as if i'm walking through a crowded bar, to get to a fucking shower head. there's another one that thinks nothing of parking his naked ass on the wooden benches while he puts his socks on.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    So, Colin Powell or Halle Berry should/could never do a Mikky-D's ad...But, oh, I dunno.....Wesley Snipes in sweats could? This feels to me a lot like portions of the "Women Framebuilders" thread. Which chapped my arse, btw, so there..I qualified.
    Yeah, this grump was questionable from step 1 and went south from there.

Yeah, not all the folks in advertisments may fit a one dimensional stereotyped look assigned to them by society.

Just for the record, remind me how 'white people dress'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mostly white class:
    "Why?"
    "I dunno they just do."
    "Black."
    "They're black."
    This is called "growing up corporate" which BTW chaps my @ss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    weirdos in the gym...
    Hell yes. At the gym on my old campus the entire time I was there an old german guy (I don't know his name, to me he was Deiter) would walk around naked, peering around corners at you, walk a little too close, naked. I thought it was funny at first... Then one day I was about to go get in the shower and hung my towel over my locker whilst putting on my flip flops. Dude came by, and took my towel replacing it with his dirty one.

It was at that point I told campus police to start patrolling the locker at 6:00am.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    ...weird fellahs at the Y...
    Spot on. There's something about the Y that attracts these guys. They hang out in the steam room, sauna, middle of the locker room, showers... all naked. When they finally have to get dressed, they do so in reverse order from normal people. First, the wrist watch, then socks, then shirt... it's as if the last thing they want to do is put their ****s away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm holding all grump until later. Any problem that I have about now is pretty trivial compared to what is up back east. I'm trying to sent good thoughts to my college pal who just got done with open heart surgery @ the Mayo. Maybe I'm chapped about him having to go through that. Me...I'm pretty blessed in a lot of ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    I rode the Boulder Creek path down to the bike park after work yesterday. Jesus, you'd think I was in a time trial. People treat that bike path like they are trying to set a PR, walkers/runners/rider be damned. Jesus enter a race and get it out of your system.

-Joe
    Dang pathletes.. I made this while I lived there:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End of season mountain biking campout last weekend. About 35 or so folks camping at a ranch with mountain bike trails that close during deer season. One porta-john for the group. It has a little urinal on the side and the area for seated business. Some jackass in this relatively small group pisses all over the seat. WTH? There's a urinal right there, and if you can't bat with the big boys, at least wipe off the seat. I would have expected it at a race weekend with a few hundred people, but it was a pretty small group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    Spot on. There's something about the Y that attracts these guys. They hang out in the steam room, sauna, middle of the locker room, showers... all naked. When they finally have to get dressed, they do so in reverse order from normal people. First, the wrist watch, then socks, then shirt... it's as if the last thing they want to do is put their ****s away.
    It's not light out yet here at 7:16 AM on Friday. As such it's Thursday as far as I'm concerned.

I used to just bitch about this to my wife because I didn't want people to think I "noticed" this type of thing too much, but yeah, there's something about gym locker rooms and guys and their business. I mean jesus put a towel on. I'm hardly a prude and seeing some guy's nether regions doesn't bother me, but for the love of God must you parade around the locker room in nothing but your flip-flops and watch? I mean I know that you think your flabby, pale-ass white 67 year old "body" is hot and all, but I don't want to have to sit on a bench and stare front and center for ten minutes to avoid eye-level contact with your twig and berries.

And to the two old guys at the Greenbush (Albany area) Y who spend 45 minutes naked in the locker room, spend thirty minutes sitting on equipment not doing anything but talking to each other, and then another 45 minutes naked again in the locker room at the end of their grueling workout: please, please go talk about "welfare queens" somewhere else, OK? Like a freakin' Wendy's or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Platinum. That's the rating I give to this weeks Grump.
    The he!! with you chumps.
    See you next week.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 11-02-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    It's not light out yet here at 7:16 AM on Friday. As such it's Thursday as far as I'm concerned.

I used to just bitch about this to my wife because I didn't want people to think I "noticed" this type of thing too much, but yeah, there's something about gym locker rooms and guys and their business. I mean jesus put a towel on. I'm hardly a prude and seeing some guy's nether regions doesn't bother me, but for the love of God must you parade around the locker room in nothing but your flip-flops and watch? I mean I know that you think your flabby, pale-ass white 67 year old "body" is hot and all, but I don't want to have to sit on a bench and stare front and center for ten minutes to avoid eye-level contact with your twig and berries.

And to the two old guys at the Greenbush (Albany area) Y who spend 45 minutes naked in the locker room, spend thirty minutes sitting on equipment not doing anything but talking to each other, and then another 45 minutes naked again in the locker room at the end of their grueling workout: please, please go talk about "welfare queens" somewhere else, OK? Like a freakin' Wendy's or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Douche bags, as a community.

You know who you are:

You talk during movies and act offended if I politely ask you to stop talking.

In a restaurant, your voice rises above the ambient noise to annoy everybody.

In a restroom you talk on the cell phone.

You incessantly change lines at the grocery store then argue with the 15 year old girl checking you out on a two cent price difference on DB soup.

When two lanes of traffic meet, you are the guy that breaks the rythm of the 'one car goes from the right, then one car fromt he left'. You squeeze through right behind the car in front of you.

You know everything, and aren't afraid to let eveyone know.

You freely offer advice to more qualified people in areas that you have no experience.

You treat wait staff poorly.

You yell at folks on bikes from your car, then have nothing to say when they catch up at a red light.

You drive a giant Hummer or a Corvette.

You lobby to have the game on the big screen at the sports bar changed to one you want to watch. Of course, the process of doing so renders the TV, and its 20 remotes, out of service.

You spend the entire evening complaining that the bar doesn't have 'Magic Mountain Super Beer (only brewed on thursdays by elves). Its effing beer, just drink it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sitting in a meeting, right now. It "started" at 10:00. It's 10:50 and half the attendees are standing in the hallway chatting. I cancelled another meeting to be here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife blew out her knee and is looking at a full knee replacement at the ripe old age of 50.
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I'm sitting in a meeting, right now. It "started" at 10:00. It's 10:50 and half the attendees are standing in the hallway chatting. I cancelled another meeting to be here.
    You need to get up and leave. Once "they" know you're willing to suck the shite they put out..you're doomed to a steady diet of it.