User Tag List

Page 326 of 364 FirstFirst ... 316317318319320321322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 7273

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Never found that Torx T30. Did manage to break my big toe somehow. I think. Insurance snafu meant no going to the doctor over the weekend. Fucking America, man. Seriously. I paid the goddamned outrageous premium on time, submitted the paperwork on time, but noooooo..... Doesn't matter, as I can either pay for the premium, OR the doctor, but not both. Shithole country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mohawk Trail State Forest is a beautiful place no matter what. There won't be any black flies anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    Mohawk Trail State Forest is a beautiful place no matter what. There won't be any black flies anyway.
    Quite true! One of my favorite places. I'm fond of Savoy forest too...

The updated 3-5 inches of snow forecast for tonite will take away some more of the magic...
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    Clif’s Notes:

FIL dealing with a nasty bout of pneumonia. Family thinking his time is coming to an end. Hospital is doing a piss poor job, in my opinion. 3 weeks ago he was released after less than 24hrs after being diagnosed, but being symptomatic for at least a week. 10 days later he’s back in the ER. Pneumonia not under control. Spends a few days in the hospital, get released again. I’m pissed. But Drs say it’s under control. It’s not. Persistent fever. Drs concede that fever might be due to cancer (2yrs ago diagnosed, in remission), but don’t know for sure. We don’t know what’s going on. Neither do the Drs.
    not thursday, but

since posting this, it's been a roller-coaster. while the highs were higher, the lows became much lower. all the kids traveled to see him 2 weeks ago, and during that time, he became convinced that his time was over. it was emotional. i've never been in that situation. but he kept fighting and ended up transferring to a better hospital after being told that hospice was the only choice. new hospital did more work, more tests, and diagnosing in 24hrs than the previous one did in a month. the lingering question is "what if"...."what if we had transferring immediately, rather than waiting."

unfortunately, now we are at this point:

got the call last night that treatment of the pneumonia and cancer is being removed. he's slipping away and his white blood cell count isn't coming down. the cancer on his chest that was for weeks assumed to be an infection cannot be controlled.

Drs are saying at best, 2 weeks.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cancer sucks. You and the family will be in my thoughts...
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much consolation for you, but at least he's had some time to say goodbye...many don't get the chance.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got the call that insulin is not going to be administered anymore. his insulin levels have been all over the board, down to 23 a couple days ago. i don't know how diabetes really works, but i imagine diabetic coma will set in soon. wifey is headed up to see him responsive one last time. i can't imagine the feeling. he believes it's 1961 and that he's in California. i also don't know how death works, but i'm hoping 1961, in far northern California, is his happy place.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i also don't know how death works, but i'm hoping 1961, in far northern California, is his happy place.
    Me too. I hope when my time comes that I believe I'm doing the 100km/hr descent in Sardinia where I felt most alive. Best wishes and condolences to your family. Maybe you should add something to your heart on Crabapple.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dustin- I have to say that showing up to spend the last week with my aunt was about the best thing I have done in my life.

1961 in far Northern California was heaven.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Best to you and yours, Dustin. It’s wonderful that you’re there.

TH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got the call that insulin is not going to be administered anymore. his insulin levels have been all over the board, down to 23 a couple days ago. i don't know how diabetes really works, but i imagine diabetic coma will set in soon. wifey is headed up to see him responsive one last time. i can't imagine the feeling. he believes it's 1961 and that he's in California. i also don't know how death works, but i'm hoping 1961, in far northern California, is his happy place.
    Father in law has passed away.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sorry to hear.

Best to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minor grump here.
    I had a pericadectomy 27yrs back.
    My sternum was cracked and wired back together in seven places.
    Now I think due to a fall down some steep sailboat cabin stairs one of the wire ties is threatening to puncture my chest skin.
    It sounds like the solution is to cut that wire back a bit.
    Just something I did not expect.
    But that's how sht goes.

On the other side of the ledger,
    A ride buddy told me of a tandem couples troubles of late.
    These two are killers on a tandem.
    He's pretty big and strong, she is small and all muscle and gristle.
    I sucked their wheel when I was younger on a single.
    I just saw them a couple weeks back.
    Cautioned them about some bike chasing dog I just passed.
    Anyway my buddy told me the captain (husband) had a heart attack on a steep climb locally.
    And his wife was hit by a car riding her single days later and is in hospital.

Now that sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish the best to all of these people who are going through big life grumps.

I’d like to take a moment to feel small-time grumpy about my commute Monday. I was 20ish minutes into a new set of Gravel Kings, floating along in the happy new tire life, when I hit a utility knife blade that someone had tossed into the bike lane. Rear tire destroyed in an instant on a nice sunny morning.

End of small grump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've got a pretty big grump that I've been sitting on for the last six weeks. I slipped while hiking the evening of April 1st and tore my quadriceps tendon about 75%. Sprained my ACL and MCL too. Had surgery three weeks ago and it went well, but I'm looking at another 6-8 weeks before I can get out of my immobilizer and a long rehab after that. Looks like the Green River Tour this D2R2 for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16.38% voter turnout yesterday in my county for the primary elections...really folks? Who would have thought that my Onion calendar would be so prophetic.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of my forklifts just blew out a hydraulic hose. Cat litter and pig mat everywhere. It's outside and we're expecting rain within the hour. It's a race to get it all cleaned up so it doesn't get in the storm drains. Just for the record, I'm in NW Arizona in the Mohave Desert and I wore a jacket to work this morning because it was 39 degrees and now we're going to get rain. Stupid desert.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

16.38% voter turnout yesterday in my county for the primary elections...really folks? Who would have thought that my Onion calendar would be so prophetic.
    Is that 16.38% of registered voters? If it is, the apathy is probably worse than think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep....approximately 959,000 registered voters and 163,000 or so performed their civic duty.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Yep....approximately 959,000 registered voters and 163,000 or so performed their civic duty.
    Which makes voters more responsible than the 10% of listeners on National Public Radio
    who contribute.
    NB: it is pledge week here, send money or we will play that "Rhino Hide" sketch again!