User Tag List

Page 33 of 364 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I was behind an older couple with a mid sized small child, I think it must have been four or five years old. They took turns asking the child what it wanted to eat from the display of pastries, suggesting one thing after another. The child could not decide, largely because they kept asking and offering another suggestion. I nearly exploded as this went on. "The little bastard can't and doesn't want to choose! It wants you to give it the biggest and stickiest thing in the display! And for good measure buy it a large sugared strong coffee so when it finally stops vibrating it emits quarts of fluid from its butt end, you morons!"
    If I ever had a desire to be a parent, this post cured it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, not a grump.. What about a whats terrific tuesday. Nothing worse than a nay-sayer constant grump. I got my share of grumps, and my share of greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Lovely, but not a grump. -1.

My grumps remain: low rear brake bridges on MX Leaders, people in SUVs on summer tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyhillrambler View Post
    Yea, not a grump.. What about a whats terrific tuesday. Nothing worse than a nay-sayer constant grump. I got my share of grumps, and my share of greatness.
    Drop and gimme 20 Shirley.

Good idea btw. Do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Contractors. Even when they're great they drive me crazy - is even one of them capable of scheduling more than 17 hours in advance?
    Architects and engineers who try and cram 25 lbs of shit into a 10 lb bag and make the contractor look slow to the customer. And then when the customer wants to make "A small change" but doesn't understand why it should cost money or take extra time. Ask me how I know. And why does my boss constantly promise a job in three months when we both know it will take four? I could keep going as I have been saving this up for awhile.

I need a ride.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dropped and gave you 3, after that i started feeling whoozy and light headed.. After all, i am a cyclist not a green beret.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Drop and gimme 20 Shirley.

Good idea btw. Do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    dislike:

the recent trend (last ~5 years) of juiced-up MMA wannabes going to metal shows and "moshing", of which their version entails taking their shirts off and running around punching people. dude, you just pushed over a girl, and nobody cares what you look like with no shirt on besides maybe your MMA bros. also you're dripping gallons of sweat on people who certainly didn't come here just so they could go home smelling like douchebags. quit going to metal shows and go back to your nickelback concert.
    Unfortunately that's not new. Thirty years ago it was same "bros" except back then it was a hardcore show, they were on the football team and there may not have been as much juice. Still sucked though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck, now I'm grumpy that I'm too much of an old pussy to jump into a mosh pit anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drivers who see you coming, then pull out in front of you and go at least 15mph slower then you were traveling. It's not easier/better to wait one more second and just let me go by? You could not easily recognize and process that I am traveling at a faster clip then you would/will care to go? Seems to cut across age/racial/demographic lines.

A small Grump for sure. But....so....aggravating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unresponsive "E" retailers. I recently ordered a new coffee grinder from a online catalog company. The usual chain of events is: place order, receive email confirmation, receive confirmation that order has shipped with tracking. All of us are used to this happening within a day or two right? After 4 days I emailed the company asking for status and got nada followed that with a polite request on two more consecutive days nada. Finally I send a nasty-gram and get instant response from the company owner. Daaaaaaaamn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

name tags. its demeaning enough that i'm in this shitbag town (vegas) and at this utterly stupid conference, or frankly, that i'm in this biz at all (marketing). and see this suit i'm wearing? its sharp. its expensive. i look fucking great in it, so no, i won't be wearing a name tag, conference badge or anything remotely similar - honey. don't ask again, tell me i hve to.... or yer gonna meet the real me real quick.

would you like to say hello? ok , walk up, look me in the eye, and introduce yourself so we can shake hands. don't come weaving toward me kind of bent over looking at my chest and ask me what my company does. you look like an idiot and its just weird. the indignities of life.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things. Well, maybe three. No four... one is that I can't count how many things are annoying me. Three comes from two - I am old and apparently fragile, breaking without any real reason to. Two is that I went to the dentist at the end of October to get a 35 year old chunk of lead removed because it finally wore out and after 90 minutes with my head turned a little to the right and me all tensed up trying to leave the office out the back of the chair I f-ed my neck up so my shoulder hurt like a bastard until about a week and a half ago limiting me to no more than three hours on the bike before it would tighten up and hurt enough to take all the pleasure out of being on the roads or even on the trainer. But that's not really two, two is that I got almost all better and woke up one sunshiny morning in a great mood, sat up to stretch luxuriously and declare how happy I was on this great day - and popped something inside my left shoulder blade so it hurts any time I'm not on the bike but it hurts enough that I sleep about 15 minutes at a time so I am so f-ing foggy I can't think and I don't even really want to get on the bike which is kind of like the Painless Polack* saying it's only a game.

And I forgot what One was.

* I'm a Polack so I get to use that phrase. Shut up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

paper forms, requiring hand written responses.

Specifically ones with tiny little spaces that no one could actually write in. And FOR WHAT so that it can be handed to someone else to type into a computer?? WHY are you asking these questions anyway???????????????? Everything YES, EVERYTHING i write will be ignored or verified using my name, DOB, and SSN.

What is the point????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    the removal of the thread page numbers from the thread list page. i wanna jump straight to the end, not jump into the thread, then go to the end. I know tt did this to speed up the initial thread loading, but i'd take the slow loading if it means one less click (and reload).
    still chapping my ass this week

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just click on the >> to the right of the thread name...

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    still chapping my ass this week

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, go to last post now works (I'm pretty sure it didn't used to work), so the page numbers aren't really all that necessary anymore.

but far be it from me to stop someone from having a chapped ass just because I'm thankful for that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who are rude to waitstaff. They can't tell you to go fuck yourself, so please: allow me.

Understand this simple rule of the universe: if the prospect of fucking with someone with little or no authority (with little or no chance of retribution) is a way for you to get an adrenaline rush or attempt to seem "important," you're the kind of person who needs to be hit in the mouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Family
    Neighbors

That is all.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lunchtime ride.

Bike? Check.

Clothes? Check.

Pump? Check.

Shoes?

Shoes?

Shit.

Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.

Dad: Yeah... well... now his body's fine, but his mind is gone.

-Breaking Away

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People that park in the bike lane during my commute on the 30+mph downhill section. On a related note, fuck that bitch that opened her door right as I rode by when she was parked in the bike lane and there were cars next to me in the road. Luckily I am a good enough cyclist to notice these things - usually. I fear for others that aren't paying as close of attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double double Grump - Chasing Titanium clicking / noises.