User Tag List

Page 39 of 364 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Got big snow today. I filled the snowblower with gas and it started leaking from somewhere near the carb/fuel shutoff valve. Small engine repair is not in my skill set and I can't fit this damn thing safely in my car to take to a repair shop. It's cold out and I am not in the mood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring out your Grump (sing to the tune of Monty Python in Holy Grail)

Is that all you weaklings have!!! Get it all out, tomorrow is friday and thursday will be a week away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate it when I discover a new band that I really love and can't share it because no one I know likes the same crap music I like.

Life is pretty hard, guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zandrrr View Post
    I hate it when I discover a new band that I really love and can't share it because no one I know likes the same crap music I like.

Life is pretty hard, guys.
    Talk to me.

I am working up to a full-blown obsession with Leonard Cohen and no one cares. And worse, my wife laughs at me when I delightedly say, while simultaneously reading his new biography and watching the 2008 London concert DVD, "Hey, he's playing the song I'm reading about!"
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast group rides led by someone who cannot keep up with the group and then gets pissed off and yells at people because the fast group he wanted to lead is too fast for him.

My neighbor who built a garbage shed without a permit 12 inches from my property and now forces herself and her tenants to walk on my property to get to it. Also, the city that doesn't seem to know who I need to register a complaint with to have the shed removed.

Fussy 3 week olds. I know I know, I still love him and all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife's job is such that this time of year, when I'm flush with days off (no grump about that), she works pretty much every day. We've had one day off together this month. Her schedule gets better in January, right around when I start one of the busiest times of year. I'd love to actually spend time with her one of these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got a shipment for a project I'm working on. 6 boxes I can lift on my own. Worth 25 years of my salary.
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am acting CIO this week......
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to go back to work next week after 3 months off

Life fucking sucks
    Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Human Resources. I'm trying to hire right now, and my HR department isn't helping. A great resume crossed my desk, but my HR director told him that his last four years of experience didn't count. Seems he 'wasted' the last four years in Iraq and Afghanistan. The ultimate irony is that my company is a SDVOSB.

I ignored HR and hired the guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love ski shops, I really do. I like going in and standing in front of the wall of wax in the late fall and picking out a big block of Rex Blue, a package of Start Green, and one of the little plastic packs of Swix Red. I like that they do a good job grinding my skis, and I like that I can pick up birch extract for the sauna while I'm there. I want these guys to stay around because I like visiting them.

But they're going to kill themselves off with shitty service. I purchased a set of classic boots from my favorite shop, only to have them recalled and replaced with a set built on a different last. The new boots didn't fit, so I took them into the shop the Friday after Thanksgiving. I spent my afternoon in the shop while they tried to figure out what to do, and ultimately left the boots with them because they couldn't figure their shit out. It made me late for dinner and drinks.

This afternoon I give them a call to see what's going on. Of course, they don't know. They'll look into it and call me back. In the meanwhile, they suggested I just put a new set of $400 boots on my credit card while they work on the problem with my boots. Yeah... sure, because my continued business isn't contingent in the slightest on how you handle this problem.

When a guy who has been coming through your door regularly for over a decade and buying what he needs at retail without ever once haggling about price or shopping you around has a problem with your product, taking over a month at the beginning of ski season to get a boot exchange done isn't going to cut it. There's another shop across town that's just as good, and beyond that there's the wide world of the internet. If you're so hard up and/or short sighted that you aren't willing to take on the liability of a boot exchange for a loyal customer, then it's time to close the doors now; the bank will be by shortly to pick up the keys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half wheelers really make me grumpy. Why can't two people just ride together? Why does one guy always have to be, literally, half a wheel ahead? And every rise he has to accelerate just a bit or not just a bit but a lot just to make sure I know who's boss?

Half wheelers and their ilk make me an antisocial rider and want to ride alone.

I am normally a glass-half-full person but half wheeling is super bad form and pisses me off.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LBS for letting me keep that fat bike for 3 days that I had off over the holidays. Calling in all debts to go buy one. I didn't need one before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    My neighbor who built a garbage shed without a permit 12 inches from my property and now forces herself and her tenants to walk on my property to get to it. Also, the city that doesn't seem to know who I need to register a complaint with to have the shed removed.
    Oh hell, that is downright rude (on top of the illegality of it all). Shit needs to burn.
    "Beauty is the visible expression of man's pleasure in labor."—Frederic Goudy

Dave Wofford . | . H O R S E . & . B U G G Y . P R E S S
    graphic design, letterpress printing, fine press books and more . . . for the jet age and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oceans of cookie cutter cul-de-sacs and McMansion neighborhoods, strip malls, mega shopping malls, and the putrifying force known as suburban sprawl in general.

As soon as the mall area gets "old" (20-25 years tops) it peters out into suburban ghetto wasteland and vacant strip malls... some out of town dickhead waves some money around, buys off the city council and county commissioners (overriding a unanimous do not rezone recommendation from the planning commission) and puts a new mall 5 miles further out destroying a few hundred acres of forestland.... chain restaurants, another Walmart and assorted bullshit pops up like weeds over the next few years. Two lane country roads become six lane divided highways as rural character gives way to fake downtowns and the mall, complete with faux distressed murals and signage, is named "Streets of Southpointe" even though there is no street to be found anywhere.

Meanwhile those living downtown or near downtown (myself included) inside the city limits can't find a sporting good store, a kitchen supply store, a movie theatre on a city street, basic everyday needs, etc in the city fabric anymore.

So I gotta head out into this soul killing bullshit just to buy a new cooking pan, get some wool socks, soccer cleats, or take the wife to see a movie.
    "Beauty is the visible expression of man's pleasure in labor."—Frederic Goudy

Dave Wofford . | . H O R S E . & . B U G G Y . P R E S S
    graphic design, letterpress printing, fine press books and more . . . for the jet age and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by znfdl View Post
    I am acting CIO this week......
    Cement your position.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asbestos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

September: new skis
    October: season's pass
    November: MRI
    2 days ago: arthroscopy

What actually has me grumpy, though, is Dave Wofford's post. Not much worse than strip malls and that discount store with a sphincter on its sign.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some 'parent' just walked into Django with her three year old daughter. This movie is rated R, 3 hours long, and hyper-violent.

Good call mom. Great parenting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    Some 'parent' just walked into Django with her three year old daughter. This movie is rated R, 3 hours long, and hyper-violent.

Good call mom. Great parenting.
    Awesome movie...fuck that lady.
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.