User Tag List

Page 46 of 364 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

I was walking around my neighborhood a couple weeks ago and came upon a dude sitting in a Maybach outside the park. Presumably a driver waiting for his clients to finish playing? The first I've seen in the flesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A smidge slower and ten times bigger than my friend's Roadster...

Tesla Esses are breeding like rabbits here, at least one driven very poorly. Normally I'd say turning around to crack a joke to your passenger in the middle of a sweeper isn't a good idea. While a quick hard stab at your enormous 16 pot brakes and coming to a near stop won't win you friends on the road, it's all about you anyway, isn't it?

That iPad center console thing just encourages the driver into such nonsense; tactile knobs are good, so's you can steer. The ideal scenario would be to get a self-drive Goog app and enjoy the scenery while cruising the salon in your hermetically-sealed coffin.

But hey it's the new Prius. Who knew emasculation could be un-done? Sorta.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    Tesla Esses are breeding like rabbits here,
    Ditto here in the Washington, D.C. 'burbs. I swear, you see more Tesla's now than Fords. Well, that's not saying much.............

I have yet to get close to one to inspect but they do look good from a few feet away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The styling is (IMHO) pretty terrible, some of the panel gaps are huge, the interior feels like a 25K car, the massive screen in the dash is silly, a $3500 panoramic sunroof is mandatory if you are taller than 5'8". The whole vibe is that of a giant expensive Kia for nerds.

But none of that matters.

Also driving one is a bit of learning curve. The regen is strong, and its not so easy to drive at a steady speed. Very hyperactive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DS 23.

The ultimate gentleman's automobile

one will be mine in a couple of years

No such thing as a performance car anyway, for I ride murdercycles. so for me ^ is perfection

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was walking along the street here in Alexandria and was approaching the exit of an underground garage when I heard a throaty roar of a car coming up the ramp. It was this guy. He was wearing a shit-eating grin....cant say that I blame him. Thinking of this thread I took a stalker shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    Hmmm..been searching used inventory nationwide...there was one at along island dealer but alas there was already a deposit on it and it was sold last week!
    Euromotorcars bethesda md. It was there 6 weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Euromotorcars bethesda md. It was there 6 weeks ago.
    thanks TT...they only made 500 of the last gen so they don't last too long on the dealer floor!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    Ditto here in the Washington, D.C. 'burbs. I swear, you see more Tesla's now than Fords. Well, that's not saying much.............

I have yet to get close to one to inspect but they do look good from a few feet away.
    Brookline Village is crawling with Teslas...I don't see them elsewhere in Boston but down by the medical area they're ubiquitous. The dude that owns the local dealership is catfighting with the town of Natick to get the actual dealership placed at the Natick Mall...not just the showroom they've already got.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks TT...they only made 500 of the last gen so they don't last too long on the dealer floor!
    The one Josh referenced did sell 2-3 weeks ago.

Prior to purchasing our MB wagon I test drove an E55 wagon.........supercharged V8 with 500 odd hp. One hell of a machine. Seller and I could not agree on price.......I guess I really didn't care for the age and mileage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the base E55 is pushing 500hp, what is the real value add with the AMG - do you think that you will notice the extra power putting around your neighborhood?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    When the base E55 is pushing 500hp, what is the real value add with the AMG - do you think that you will notice the extra power putting around your neighborhood?
    the "base" E55 is AMG...the wagon is ONLY available in the s-line which adds another 65 I think

and YES i would notice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the "base" E55 is AMG...the wagon is ONLY available in the s-line which adds another 65 I think

and YES i would notice
    The E63 Performance Pack increases power to 550 from 518. It's a twin turbo 5.5 now (vs previous 6.2 normally aspirated) so easy to mod to 600+hp.

Of course, one could have Brabus stuff a 6.5L twin turbo V12 in a wagon. I've seen 1,000hp version of this motor in a SL but even the MB transmission can't handle that for too long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to buy a fiat 500L.

That is, unless Jerk hears and refuses to ship me my frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask Marcelia how he likes his.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Ask Marcelia how he likes his.
    No, not that. This:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spopepro View Post
    No, not that. This:
    I want to like that but long term reliability is suspect on the standard version: 2012 Fiat 500 Sport Long-Term Wrap-Up – Review – Car and Driver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    I want to like that but long term reliability is suspect on the standard version: 2012 Fiat 500 Sport Long-Term Wrap-Up – Review – Car and Driver
    That's holding me back too. Even worse, the "L" is made in the old zastava plant in Serbia, last seen in North America cranking out Yugos. Although, a couple of armed conflicts later, a few sales, and completely different machinery and it's a bit unfair to hang that millstone on them. The one that I poked at on the lot had a 6 year, 100,000k warranty printed on it. The sales guy thought it was a mistake. I'm maybe thinking it might not be, since there's a bit of a reputation to overcome. Besides, the real question is if we get this as an option in the USA:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=spopepro;518660]That's holding me back too. Even worse, the "L" is made in the old zastava plant in Serbia, last seen in North America cranking out Yugos. Although, a couple of armed conflicts later, a few sales, and completely different machinery and it's a bit unfair to hang that millstone on them. The one that I poked at on the lot had a 6 year, 100,000k warranty printed on it. The sales guy thought it was a mistake. I'm maybe thinking it might not be, since there's a bit of a reputation to overcome. Besides, the real question is if we get this as an option in the USA:

Keywords here are: Yugo, Fiat, long warranty to sell. Probably drive 'n' cane it, see how you feel then. The torque steer might be too bad to live with.

If that Lavazza schwag came with it I'd be tempted, to avoid the Mish coffee scene. For Philz tho maybe I could live with taking it into the dealer for minor problems...hope it comes with a folding bike?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)