User Tag List

Page 49 of 364 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmermanbicycle View Post
    Back and forth on engine management at the moment,might be megasquirt,will keep you informed.

yes,though the 13mm rods would probably have been just fine.
    as an old codger myself I don't really care what the old codgers think,it's my car and it will be tasteful and better than stock by far,I've owned it for close to 20 years,if the codgers have a problem theycan get stuffed ;)
    And yes,getting anything out of John Parker is a challenge
    -Eric
    Nice - I look forward to the further progress! I am totally with you too - I am all for doing to your car as you please. I have never quite understood the mentality of "keep it stock, stock is best." Especially when it comes to Volvos. You should have seen some of the eye rolls I've gotten over my years of modifying Volvos. Giant turbo DOHC conversions In 240 wagons seem to irritate old Volvo purists I guess :-)

My "particular" comment was also aimed at the P1800ES nomenclature - the P designation at the beginning was only used by Volvo for the really early Jensen built 1800s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Checking in. With a tear in my eye, the 66' SS is for sale. I've got some local contacts who are helping to find potential buyers. If any Vsalonistas are interested in it PM me and we'll talk turkey. Once the sale is final we are getting a lightly used Porsche Carerra S . The SS was a super fun car to tinker and drive for all these years and someone will get one of the last unmolested 66' SS's that the silly car shows have not gotten their hands on grrrr. One of the things about classic muscle cars that I really enjoy is seeing them with all their orig. trim and steel bodies that look like they were made in Detroit not some glam cum car crazy resto-mod shop where they use bondo to make "sharp" lines and perfect surfaces. I want some American food, dammit! I want French fries!
    That Porsche hits all the right notes. We need a car that's a blast to drive and won't be surrounded by gawkers at gas stations AND I can park anywhere. FWIIW that 3.8 Liter NA Porsche engine really reminds me of a 409 solid lifter car...it has bags of torque in any gear. Cool car...like I said I blame my friends.

I've driven two 2007 Carrera S 6spd cars both with sunroofs and I fit fine. I'm going to find a triple black or the dark grey and write the check.

Doomed.
    I got a 2009 911S a year ago and I don't think you will be disappointed. You may know this, but one thing I would figure into your pricing/budget on a low-mileage car is that some maintenance items are driven by age (tires, battery, spark plugs) not miles. And in the Porsche world, things cost a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appreciate that Philster. I've taken that advice to heart.
    If you love Fords please turn your head. I shot a quick video of the 66' yesterday.
    She's for sale, breaks my heart but it's time for another project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Porsche hits all the right notes. We need a car that's a blast to drive and won't be surrounded by gawkers at gas stations AND I can park anywhere. FWIIW that 3.8 Liter NA Porsche engine really reminds me of a 409 solid lifter car...it has bags of torque in any gear. Cool car...like I said I blame my friends.

I've driven two 2007 Carrera S 6spd cars both with sunroofs and I fit fine. I'm going to find a triple black or the dark grey and write the check.

Doomed.
    Haa, eyeing turbos myself. '07 is a very good year.

Having looked at blk cars and foolishly having owned 3 econo vehicles in such a dastardly (to maintain) color, I highly recommend dark gray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you get black, make sure you have an account with your local zaino dealer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black on black... prettiest car in the world for 30 seconds then it's time to wash it again. I've owned them before and my next car is going to be B on B. The clay bar is your friend to clear all the old grunge off, and a little dawn dish soap to strip the old wax. Detailers Domain is full of helpfull hints check them out.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must be the only guy in the world who likes dirty black cars. Dirty white cars, on the other hand, make me nuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh TT, she's beautiful. I wish I had the time/space/money to take the Nova on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Philster View Post
    I got a 2009 911S a year ago and I don't think you will be disappointed. You may know this, but one thing I would figure into your pricing/budget on a low-mileage car is that some maintenance items are driven by age (tires, battery, spark plugs) not miles. And in the Porsche world, things cost a lot!
    Along these lines, an 09 with 50K is probably a better long-term bet than a 07 with 20K, due to the new A91 engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kind of a Volvo fan (even new Volvos, yes). I will be checking this out when it hits dealerships.

Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make the glass follow my black line and we've got a deal.

volvo black line.jpg

Looks terribly hard to see out of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Make the glass follow my black line and we've got a deal.

volvo black line.jpg

While I think that would be nice, I'm sure it would compromise safety for side impact. Also in looking at more photos, the back seems a little short (in height) to fit a tall dog. I'll still check it out though.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my issue with all the new volvos are that they are fwd based as far as i know. i want my engine in the car the right way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    my issue with all the new volvos are that they are fwd based as far as i know. i want my engine in the car the right way.
    Lots of AWD too. Engine is still sideways in those though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    While I think that would be nice, I'm sure it would compromise safety for side impact. Also in looking at more photos, the back seems a little short (in height) to fit a tall dog. I'll still check it out though.
    Even an Excursion bumper would hit that car under the drawn black line. Unless Volvo has totally had to compromise their core values under its new management I don't think they'll compromise safety for style. Unfortunately the rising belt line is a thing these days and it's my number one pet peeve of car design cues right now because of how it obstructs vision to each corner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to dinner at my wife's new co-worker's house last night. Sitting in the driveway was a late model Jetta Sportwagon with a 4motion badge. My heart rate went up. My hands got sweaty. That might just be the perfect car. NOT. Turns out the 4motion badge is just a scam to get through canyon security when the road is restricted to 4wd/AWD. Internet research shows a Sportwagon 4motion ("Golf Variant") to be released in EU in 2014. Maybe there's hope for the US in 2015. But I'll bet a six pack it won't come in a manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post

I like my '11 V50 in many ways, but rear visibility is definitely limited. My '05 S4 Avant was much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbornia View Post
    I like my '11 V50 in many ways, but rear visibility is definitely limited. My '05 S4 Avant was much better.
    And even the S4 is a bath tub compared to my old 945, or my even older 245...

Oh, but we'll be happy to sell you a backup camera as part of the $5,000 premium package.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the V60 has a plug-in diesel/electric variant that is AWD,hoping we get that model stateside.
    -Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    Eric S. Zimmerman
    Zimmerman Bicycle works
    and Cinematography
    zimmermancamera@gmail
    check out the work here
    www.ericzimmerman.me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've driven two 2007 Carrera S 6spd cars both with sunroofs and I fit fine.
    That's surprising !