Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 52 of 364 FirstFirst ... 424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 7261

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    That's hilarious. I test drive the Q7 and asked the sales person if it was worthy offroad. She laughed out loud "this car is too nice for that".
    This would be perfect...let me know where I can have it delivered
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    I wish they'd have just kept selling the standard A4 Avant. 10K for some body cladding? No thanks. I liked Audi when they sold weird shit like the first allroad, S6 Avant, RS6, etc. Now they've given up on wagons so they can avoid confusing moron Americans and just sell them the Q5 and Q7.
    No one makes a good wagon anymore. Well, almost no one...

2014-bmw-3-series-sports-wagon-fd.jpg 574523_10151790309812410_2115269078_n.jpg
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    No one makes a good wagon anymore. Well, almost no one...

2014-bmw-3-series-sports-wagon-fd.jpg 574523_10151790309812410_2115269078_n.jpg
    You had a 3-series at some point, didn't you (or maybe just test drove one)? How does the feel of the TSX Wagon compare to a 3-series (wagon or sedan)?
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wish that tsx wagon came manual!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musgravecycles View Post
    wish that tsx wagon came manual!
    +1. And this statement could apply to so many cars out there, but starting with all sport wagons would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now parked outside my office with a 20 day non-resident tag:

00909_gR7MdMEIwCu_600x450.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    We got a TDI Jetta wagon last year and fully plan to drive it into the ground, just like the Golf I had before that.
    Fits bikes, dogs, kayaks, etc. 6-speed manual turbo, and 47mpg on the highway, even with my lead foot.

It's not sepia-toned like the Chets and Vanessas in that Volvo ad, but you could argue that this type of car is that old Swedish bucket's spiritual successor.
    I also got the TDI wagon, pretty much hard to beat for what I need for a car to do.
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now parked outside my office with a 20 day non-resident tag:

00909_gR7MdMEIwCu_600x450.jpg
    Looks perfect. Pleeease do a diesel conversion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've mentioned this before, but i'd love to have a wagon in the family. that said, my wife drives a very pedestrian jetta sedan. when we were shopping we needed something relatively quick, as her former car died, and this is the "family car". houses the car seat, etc. so we use it pretty much whenever we are all together. i did the numbers, and the payback with the tdi would have been something like 90k miles vs the standard 2.0 engine, when factoring in the higher price of diesel, and higher cost of the car itself. my wife doesnt care at all for speed, and has learned that a fwd car with 4 winter tires is better than her old audi with all-seasons in the weather. the point of this post though, is to tout the merits of a rooftop system. it's simply amazing the increase in space afforded by a big rooftop box. this thing swallows strollers, skis, bikes, bike wheels, whatever. i've put my bike up there with a moving blanket to keep it safe and a weeks worth of camping gear, no problem. its awesome.

for those thinking they really need more space, or a SUV or wagon, or mini van - many things can be done easily with a euro sedan and racks. never returns less than 30mpg either, most of the time better.

just some thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    i've mentioned this before, but i'd love to have a wagon in the family. that said, my wife drives a very pedestrian jetta sedan. when we were shopping we needed something relatively quick, as her former car died, and this is the "family car". houses the car seat, etc. so we use it pretty much whenever we are all together. i did the numbers, and the payback with the tdi would have been something like 90k miles vs the standard 2.0 engine, when factoring in the higher price of diesel, and higher cost of the car itself. my wife doesnt care at all for speed, and has learned that a fwd car with 4 winter tires is better than her old audi with all-seasons in the weather. the point of this post though, is to tout the merits of a rooftop system. it's simply amazing the increase in space afforded by a big rooftop box. this thing swallows strollers, skis, bikes, bike wheels, whatever. i've put my bike up there with a moving blanket to keep it safe and a weeks worth of camping gear, no problem. its awesome.

for those thinking they really need more space, or a SUV or wagon, or mini van - many things can be done easily with a euro sedan and racks. never returns less than 30mpg either, most of the time better.

just some thoughts.
    That fits the needs of most people for sure. The box can definitely swallow a lot of gear. While we already have an SUV, I'm not sure how much longer we'll have it hence me wanting a wagon for "myself". Unfortunately, a sedan won't fit 2 kids, a 70lb dog, a bike, and gear.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    You had a 3-series at some point, didn't you (or maybe just test drove one)? How does the feel of the TSX Wagon compare to a 3-series (wagon or sedan)?
    I test-drove the TSX and last-gen 328ix back to back. Both are really great cars and, if you're really going to have the opportunity to frequently drive your car in entertaining situations, I'd definitely give the nod to the BMW; It's more responsive, has better weight distribution and more power. The cars have distinct personalities; the 3's controls, ride and attitude are heavier. It has substance where the TSX is light.

I kinda prefer the light feel, honestly, and my ratio of fun roads :: city streets & superhighways tilts very, very heavily towards the latter. The TSX is more spacious, efficient and affordable. That last factor was decisive for me. If the cars cost about the same, I'd have the 3. But the TSX was $12k less. Any time I have regrets about passing on the BMW (which isn't often) I think about the Co-Motion Speedster in the basement, and the dozen days with my wife in Paris this spring. That's what I would have forgone for the Bimmer.

The two cars are both really excellent. I love that the TSX is affordable, reliable and fun enough to drive.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Philster View Post
    Looks perfect. Pleeease do a diesel conversion.
    Thanks - its almost perfect. 143K. Few minor things to address but its going to remain a "Mall Cruiser" by and large.

Drove it almost 800 miles over the weekend, interstates and country two lanes. Returned nearly 18mpg at 70-72mph.

Some quick research suggests the diesel conversion would cost 25K (2.5x the purchase price, give or take a grand) and return maybe 22mpg.

I'd rather have TTs Nova for 25 grand. Or a nice air-cooled 911. Or a 30 foot sailboat. Or...

If I keep it long enough to wear out the utterly sensational stock V8, well, maybe I'll do the conversion in 2025 or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snipped: If I keep it long enough to wear out the utterly sensational stock V8, well, maybe I'll do the conversion in 2025 or something.
    Bro...fat effing chance. This is a Toyota Land Cruiser we are talking about!! My sis has a FJ-80 still going strong at 340K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I test-drove the TSX and last-gen 328ix back to back. Both are really great cars and, if you're really going to have the opportunity to frequently drive your car in entertaining situations, I'd definitely give the nod to the BMW; It's more responsive, has better weight distribution and more power. The cars have distinct personalities; the 3's controls, ride and attitude are heavier. It has substance where the TSX is light.

I kinda prefer the light feel, honestly, and my ratio of fun roads :: city streets & superhighways tilts very, very heavily towards the latter. The TSX is more spacious, efficient and affordable. That last factor was decisive for me. If the cars cost about the same, I'd have the 3. But the TSX was $12k less. Any time I have regrets about passing on the BMW (which isn't often) I think about the Co-Motion Speedster in the basement, and the dozen days with my wife in Paris this spring. That's what I would have forgone for the Bimmer.

The two cars are both really excellent. I love that the TSX is affordable, reliable and fun enough to drive.
    Thanks for the detail. I guess a test drive would be in order. I mean - sometimes I really need that inline 6 to get my son to PK4 really fast. It's a really deep 60 degree turn into the parking lot too.
    Auk's words to live by:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro...fat effing chance. This is a Toyota Land Cruiser we are talking about!! My sis has a FJ-80 still going strong at 340K.
    IH8MUD newb: How long will a UZJ100 last?
    IH8MUD old pro: When the first one wears out we'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jealous? Me?

Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So cool. We might have seen that car in the Alps, ZNFNDL might remember. Imagine 280 horse in a car that weighs a paper napkin yummmy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm passively looking for another E30 (never should have sold it!). if anyone runs across a 88-91ish manual 4-door in great shape let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm passively looking for another E30 (never should have sold it!). if anyone runs across a 88-91ish manual 4-door in great shape let me know.
    Where are you located?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of a grail car for me - even though I'm not really a "car guy".

Auk's words to live by: