User Tag List

Page 55 of 364 FirstFirst ... 454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 7261

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Especially on a snowy road.
    That's what Blizzaks, Pilot Aspin or a multitude of other true snow tires are good for. Yes it is a minor hassle to swap wheels in the Fall and Spring, but my RWD e90 328i is better in the snow with Blizzaks than my wife's SUV with all-season tires. I think it's the fact that BMWs have almost 50:50 weight distribution and great throttle control, at least with a manual transmission.

My buddy's Porsche Cayman is also great in the snow with true winter tires.... well all except deep snow because it's so damn low to the ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Appliance! I spent 10 years in rally cars and lost most of my hearing, because that's like racing a four-stroke mx bike in a tin can.
    Having just been to the GRC RallyCross event last weekend in Charlotte I get this now. WholeLeeCow-Mate those things are friggin loud!!

Nothing like 700horsepower 4WD cars racing wheel to wheel in mud for good fun entertainment!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am slowly, very slowly, building up/ tuning a 3rd Gen RX7. Would there be any interest if i posted on my progress on here from time to time? Obviously I would not want to turn this into Max Power/ Fast and the Furious....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck yeah man. IMHO the FDs have one of the best shapes/forms of any car on the road.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I promise to not swamp the thread, but here is a semi recent picture of the engine bay as it stands. it still need quite a bit of work doing in there with regards to ancillaries, and i then need to get on with wiring the thing.
    enginebay.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FD RX7 is such a perfect looking car. The RX8 was a severe disappointment to me when it was unveiled. It's like the C5 vs C6 Corvette.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

image-385743176.jpg

Just traded the Allroad for an '07 A4 Quattro. 47k miles. 6 speed manual. It is everything that the Allroad isn't, and that's a good thing. I'm making excuses to drive places just because the car is so much fun. Took my son out to Miller Motorsports Park today, which did nothing to help the track jones. First comes snow tires for the winter. Then comes track tires for the summer (though I am guilty of checking the local classified for a kart).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally found the vehicle I need:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favorite rides

An older ride and my stable about 7 years ago

And another project

Bonneville bound 200 mph?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing exotic but I'm liking it. My 2013 Dodge Dart while at the Coconino Cycles world HQ in September. Mine is the Aero model with the Fiat 1.4 MultiAir Turbo engine and a 6-speed manual transmission, same that is found in the Abarth. My one mod is a K&N Typhoon intake, so the turbo and blow-off valve sound is very noticeable now. Fun to drive, but can also get more than 40mpg when driven conservatively. I have a 90 mile round trip commute with over 2500 ft in elevation gain, and I average 40 mpg. When driving back from Flagstaff, I got greater than 45 mpg when driving back to Silver City plus some other driving.
    032b.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Want:

]

I agree! That would be an awesome bike hauler!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know that guy but I can tell you what kind of moped he used to have (Puch Dakota), and that he prefers Grovsnus and Pripps Blå Extra Stark.

BTW, we have real cars in Sweden. Both rally, SUV, and regular. No need for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    I don't know that guy but I can tell you what kind of moped he used to have (Puch Dakota), and that he prefers Grovsnus and Pripps Blå Extra Stark.

BTW, we have real cars in Sweden. Both rally, SUV, and regular. No need for this.
    Real cars is a relatively relative word. Sweds are nuts for big @rse gas guzzling american muscle cars for instance. I'm pretty darn impressed with how dedicated Swedes are to restoring old American muscle and driving around for oh say a couple weeks during the summer ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Real cars is a relatively relative word. Sweds are nuts for big @rse gas guzzling american muscle cars for instance. I'm pretty darn impressed with how dedicated Swedes are to restoring old American muscle and driving around for oh say a couple weeks during the summer ;)
    Finns too. I saw some terrific Mustangs in Helsinki. I kinda doubt they bring them out for 8 months of the year however.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, I have several folks I know that have sold their old iron to Scandinavia. They are nuts for hot rods and customs over there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we talk Porsche Cayman? Spent a good part of the day dorking around in a 2013 Cayman with PDK. First impression is that the car makes no sense just driving it around town or on the freeway. No soul, terrible sightlines (unless you are a munchkin) and feels curiously underpowered. All that changes when you get it onto some backroads, press the sport button and do some stupid things...the car makes a ton of sense BUT it pales in comparison to a Carrera and it's missing a pedal.
    Anywho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we talk Porsche Cayman? Spent a good part of the day dorking around in a 2013 Cayman with PDK. First impression is that the car makes no sense just driving it around town or on the freeway. No soul, terrible sightlines (unless you are a munchkin) and feels curiously underpowered. All that changes when you get it onto some backroads, press the sport button and do some stupid things...the car makes a ton of sense BUT it pales in comparison to a Carrera and it's missing a pedal.
    Anywho.
    I haven't driven one for a few years, but I loved the 6MT S I drove back then. Honestly it made the 911's I was shopping feel quite agricultural. It seems that the Porsche guys that can get over the stigma will admit that the current Boxter is the driving sweet spot in the range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by al415 View Post
    I haven't driven one for a few years, but I loved the 6MT S I drove back then. Honestly it made the 911's I was shopping feel quite agricultural. It seems that the Porsche guys that can get over the stigma will admit that the current Boxter is the driving sweet spot in the range.
    True admission? My bias is soley due to the fact there is no place for the dog to lie down.
    I hear you. The Boxters are no doubt a blast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to back on a twisty road I'll take the Cayman 12 times out of 10 over a 991.

Road trip? 991.

Every day? The Cayman has nowhere to put my kids.

Hard to go wrong with either though honestly.