User Tag List

Page 58 of 364 FirstFirst ... 484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 7261

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Cookietruck View Post
    not even sure what this is
    i'm guess late 90s audi and probably europe only model
    but fuck this is awesome

That's a 90's Audi RS2 wagon that Porsche breathed on. At the time it was the shit and frankly I'd still take one. If you've driven a Saab from that era you'll be familiar with turbo lag BUT unlike a Saab from that time you'll have no idea what 300+HP feels like. I was fortunate to drive an Audi Quattro coupe with some Dahlback action from the same era that was putting out 400+HP and it was a hoot to drive something that could spin all four wheels in the wet. Delicate no, fun YES!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ uhhhhh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neighbors have the standard S version of that Audi wagon (yay). It's an automatic (boo).
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 540iT. Too low. Way too loud. HRE C95s with KW coils/air suspension fix. I have an LQ4 laying around somewhere for once the motor goes.

e39.jpg
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two underloved Volvo wagons on the dog walk route: a 740 Turbo and a V70R. Both black. I wonder when they'll be rescued by a motorheads.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Two underloved Volvo wagons on the dog walk route: a 740 Turbo and a V70R. Both black. I wonder when they'll be rescued by a motorheads.

I tried like hell to talk an HR person here at work out of her V70R. No go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddball question...

For those car-makers who have a program whereby you go and "buy" your car in their home country and then it's shipped home (Volvo, Mercedes, ???) does anyone know if they will only sell you what they offer in your home market?

Our 1600 mile roundtrip to NJ last week sorely highlighted the fact that an infant and a 60lb dog are pushing it, cargo-wise in our Jetta Wagon...
    Our next major trip will likely see a car-top Thule box, but if kid #2 is on the horizon, we're going to be in the market for a wagon (preferable) or SUV, and what we really like but there isn't much available is a manual transmission and (if possible) diesel.

If you could configure your own car and go buy it, it might be a worthwhile add-on to a future France trip to swing by Stuttgart or whatever on the way home.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    does anyone know if they will only sell you what they offer in your home market?
    Yes, and yes. That is, I know and the answer is that you can only buy a car configured for the US market and crash and emissions tested in that configuration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problem solved

Cayenne Diesel - All Cayenne Models - All Porsche Models - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Oddball question...

For those car-makers who have a program whereby you go and "buy" your car in their home country and then it's shipped home (Volvo, Mercedes, ???) does anyone know if they will only sell you what they offer in your home market?

Our 1600 mile roundtrip to NJ last week sorely highlighted the fact that an infant and a 60lb dog are pushing it, cargo-wise in our Jetta Wagon...
    Our next major trip will likely see a car-top Thule box, but if kid #2 is on the horizon, we're going to be in the market for a wagon (preferable) or SUV, and what we really like but there isn't much available is a manual transmission and (if possible) diesel.

If you could configure your own car and go buy it, it might be a worthwhile add-on to a future France trip to swing by Stuttgart or whatever on the way home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, the East German jellybean truck now burns oil. Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem not solved as a Jetta wagon has more interior volume than a Cayenne with seats both up and down. You'd need to get a Q7 to get significantly more room. Good luck finding one of those with a manual transmission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have an old jetta wagon (pre 2006) the new ones (post 2009) are much much bigger inside. If you have a new one and want bigger, with a manual I don't think there is anything on the new market but you might find a passat, a6 allroad or 5 series that fits the bill, and comes with big bills.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much would you pay for a clapped-out AE86? :-)

Story: There has been a Hachi-Roku hatch parked daily at the local roach-motel for over a year. Today I decided enough was enough and marched in the front door and asked for the owner of the AE86 Corolla. The old man has owned it since 1986 (bought it with about 10k miles on it)!! It's white with the TRD red/orange/yellow strips. It's got 277k miles, the fenders are rusted out, it's been in several fender-benders (all body panels are original), and the motor is needing replaced/rebuilt (reason he's finally getting ready to sell it).

He said people ask him all the time if he wants to sell it, but he's finally ready to let it go. It's in pretty rough shape...but eff-me I want it!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$500
    It's going to eat your lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by musgravecycles View Post
    How much would you pay for a clapped-out AE86? :-)

Story: There has been a Hachi-Roku hatch parked daily at the local roach-motel for over a year. Today I decided enough was enough and marched in the front door and asked for the owner of the AE86 Corolla. The old man has owned it since 1986 (bought it with about 10k miles on it)!! It's white with the TRD red/orange/yellow strips. It's got 277k miles, the fenders are rusted out, it's been in several fender-benders (all body panels are original), and the motor is needing replaced/rebuilt (reason he's finally getting ready to sell it).

He said people ask him all the time if he wants to sell it, but he's finally ready to let it go. It's in pretty rough shape...but eff-me I want it!
    Last edited by Too Tall; 12-05-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashburn View Post
    That's a 90's Audi RS2 wagon that Porsche breathed on. At the time it was the shit and frankly I'd still take one. If you've driven a Saab from that era you'll be familiar with turbo lag BUT unlike a Saab from that time you'll have no idea what 300+HP feels like. I was fortunate to drive an Audi Quattro coupe with some Dahlback action from the same era that was putting out 400+HP and it was a hoot to drive something that could spin all four wheels in the wet. Delicate no, fun YES!
    Nagaro Blue is one of my all-time favorite colors; too bad it is cloudy in that pic as sunlight brings it out. May have that sprayed on my upcoming Garro frameset..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    I have a C30. Seriously thinking about trading it in on one of these.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing succeeds like cubic inches........
    Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser, W30-442
    http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/1...agon-455-1971#

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Scott G.;561785]Nothing succeeds like cubic inches........
    Seriously. My sr. yr. college sweetie had that wagon in fake woodie siding. Mind you it's MN so everything there is rusty, no expectations. Holy hanna that thing roared. What a glorious boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    $500
    It's going to eat your lunch.
    I'm ok with that...
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    Nothing succeeds like cubic inches........
    Oldsmobile 442 W-30 Vista Cruiser Wagon 455 - 1971
    Car(s) of my childhood - we had two of them. I spent many weekends in the back heading from New York to Vermont. Knowing my Dad, I bet we hit triple digits often.