User Tag List

Page 89 of 150 FirstFirst ... 798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2994

Thread: Virus thread, the political one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Virus thread, the political one.

maybe this is why his supporters are getting quiet.
    the guy is losing it, he cant answer questions, he deflects constantly, this is insanity, he just left when girls got "nasty". and we will vote for him again because the dems cant field a decent human.

Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    and we will vote for him again because the dems cant field a decent human.
    Say what?
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    Say what?
    we as in "America" most likely, not we as in me and folks on this site. If the democrats could put up a more appealing candidate than Biden, I'd be less worried about the outcome going forward. but as they say, time will tell the tale.
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    maybe this is why his supporters are getting quiet.
    the guy is losing it, he cant answer questions, he deflects constantly, this is insanity, he just left when girls got "nasty". and we will vote for him again because the dems cant field a decent human.

If you are working from home, you really should listen to the Rush Limbaugh show on wmal.com at noon every weekday. 15 minutes is all you need to know down is up, left is right, and backwards is forward. Its the democrats who the russsians were helping....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made the mistake of stopping at Home Depot on Monday during my weekly release time supply run. The place was slammed! Hardly any of the people there - employees or shoppers - were wearing masks. The social distancing messaging was minimal to non-existent. Home Depot seemed to have more or less thrown the doors open as normal.

And, maybe I'm overreacting or jumping to judgement, but there seemed to be a high percentage of guys there (there were almost no women and zero children shopping) who looked like they were making something of a point of not social distancing, not giving people space, getting right up close to employees who had little choice in the matter, etcetera. Lots of these guys looked like they would be right at home in the anti-shutdown, pro-assault rifle rallies. It sure looked to me like they were trying to make a statement with their disregard for all guidelines.

Is going out and about while infringing on others' space a new political statement? Or am I hyper-sensitive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    With a bit of luck, the only dock Trump will get will be when he sits in one via a prosecution for the many things that have been investigated, or are being investigated (tax evasion/fraud, charity fraud, electoral offences, obstruction of justice and so on). That dude need to lose that ridiculous presidential immunity so he can face the prospect of retirement behind bars.
    Child rape?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I made the mistake of stopping at Home Depot on Monday during my weekly release time supply run. The place was slammed! Hardly any of the people there - employees or shoppers - were wearing masks. The social distancing messaging was minimal to non-existent. Home Depot seemed to have more or less thrown the doors open as normal.

And, maybe I'm overreacting or jumping to judgement, but there seemed to be a high percentage of guys there (there were almost no women and zero children shopping) who looked like they were making something of a point of not social distancing, not giving people space, getting right up close to employees who had little choice in the matter, etcetera. Lots of these guys looked like they would be right at home in the anti-shutdown, pro-assault rifle rallies. It sure looked to me like they were trying to make a statement with their disregard for all guidelines.

Is going out and about while infringing on others' space a new political statement? Or am I hyper-sensitive?
    You're hyper sensitive. But....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    there seemed to be a high percentage of guys there (there were almost no women and zero children shopping) who looked like they were making something of a point of not social distancing, not giving people space, getting right up close to employees who had little choice in the matter, etcetera.
    I'm noticing the same thing in the Seattle area.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - if only this virus could select for stupidity..... But it doesn't. All of those @$$h@t$ are increasing the risk of death for people who have no say in the matter - health-care workers, wage-slaves, immune-compromised, etc. And are making it almost certain that this whole debacle will drag on way longer than necessary.

Never has it been so tempting to look for emigration opportunities.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Messaging and the Mask Debacle. At the risk of promoting inflamed rhetoric, I think we're beginning to see two Americas. The America that gets to stay home and safely consume the science. Citizens in this America go to Home Depot once a month, if at all. They're only "inconvenienced" by mask wearing when they step out for 30 min walks. Nothing has changed for this segment in the last 8 wees. For the other America, the concept that the social distancing measures and SIP will seem like an overreaction if effective, they can't process that message. Alarmingly (but not unexpectedly), I'm my world the other America's cognitive dissonance manifests as a distrust not of the government but of figures, death rates. They don't know anyone who is dying from Covid19 and they're convinced hospitals are being forced to list Covid19 as a cause of death for anything remotely resembling Covid19. More and more doctors (who are losing millions from the decline in elective surgeries) are beginning to spread this (mis)information. And what if the 2 Americas (outside of NYC) continue to be the America which isn't dying from "the plague" and the America who continues to work in low paying jobs, black America, elderly nursing home America? Will the guys who look like "they would be right at home in anti-shutdown, pro-assault riffle rallies" suddenly embrace social distancing and SIP because more "Americans" continue to die? To me the America that wants the shutdowns to end is not that different from the America I read on VS.

Oh, working class people in LA are 100% down with social distancing.

Two Americas
    America's Racial Contract Is Showing - The Atlantic

This stuff is gaining traction:
    Does Questioning Official COVID-19 Statistics Make This Doctor a ‘Denialist’? – Reason.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Two Americas of My Cycling Universe

Guess which cats expect worse medical outcomes

fitter.jpg

jc.jpg

roadkillers.jpg

socialdistancing2.jpg

socialdistancing.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
    [snip] I think we're beginning to see two Americas. [/snip]
    It occurs to me that I am America.
    I am talking to myself again.

Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there might not be an election this fall. You see Prince Fucksupalot says it's too far in the future to tell whether an election will take place. He can't commit one way or the other if the election will be postponed due to the pandemic. He read in Two Corinthians that nepotism is sacred and he has that decision to make. And Billy Roy Cohn will probably back him up and say sure, there's nothing wrong with that. And they'll be able to leisurely consult with Pauly Walnuts Manafort at his home since he won't have any of those federal prison inconveniences to get in the way. I don't know if Pauly was in his sympathy wheelchair as he left prison.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    Well, there might not be an election this fall. You see Prince Fucksupalot says it's too far in the future to tell whether an election will take place. He can't commit one way or the other if the election will be postponed due to the pandemic. He read in Two Corinthians that nepotism is sacred and he has that decision to make. And Billy Roy Cohn will probably back him up and say sure, there's nothing wrong with that. And they'll be able to leisurely consult with Pauly Walnuts Manafort at his home since he won't have any of those federal prison inconveniences to get in the way. I don't know if Pauly was in his sympathy wheelchair as he left prison.
    Tough for any GOP to credibly argue the election should be postponed after how they handled the Wisconsin primary. That being said, logical consistency ain't exactly a strong suit.

Trouble for Donny is his term ends Jan 20, 2021 thanks to the Constitution. He has to win an election to stay in office past that point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another troglodyte rally in Michigan Thursday. AR's welcome. Has tRump given the silent thumbs up to the very fine people yet to let it fly? Someone, someday will hear the secret message and will want to impress dear leader like the El Paso Walmart shootemup.

How is it again that wearing a mask is "fear" but carrying a gun is "protection."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm putting this here as the other thread is not as active and because I think Newsom is purposely misinforming the public. Can one of the experts here explain how an index patient can be traced in the case of community transmission. By definition once community transmission was determined weren't there tens to hundreds of infections in the area all being seeded simultaneously.

Coronavirus in California: Nail salons outraged, ask for proof after Newsom says 1st case of coronavirus community spread at nail salon - ABC7 San Francisco

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    So weird that this thing will be raging out of control enough to (presumably/potentially/allegedly/etc) stop an election, but also not be bad enough to keep restaurants and retail stores shut down.

For reference, my wonderful local politicians are finalizing their plans to "open" our economy in the next few days while people continue to get sick and die.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you see Rand Paul questioning Fauci the other day - he thinks it is safe for the kids to go back to school and shot stats like only X number of 5-18 yr olds died in NY so all schools should open.

As if the little ones are immune to spreading the virus. Dr. Fauci informs him that NY now has 80+ cases (an now it is >100) of children coming down with a rare and dangerous inflammatory disease

"So far, three deaths in the state have been linked to the illness, which is known as pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome and causes life-threatening inflammation in critical organs, including the heart.

Of the cases being investigated by the state, 71 percent resulted in children being admitted to intensive care units, and 43 percent of patients remained hospitalized, Mr. Cuomo said" From the NYT

Good luck to the residents of KY and thanks again for keeping Mitch and Rand in office - i am so tired of this country being held hostage by these ass hats - how much does KY take from the Federal Gvt vs adding to the economy .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, man, early on, Osterholm believed schools should stay open. And a decent amount of research was done to determine worst case scenarios on either side. No one wants to discuss studies such as the following in reasonable terms.

https://spiral.imperial.ac.uk:8443/b...9-Report-9.pdf

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...105-X/fulltext

How's Denmark doing?

I get it; I have a 4 year old.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat- Sun Tzu

Earlier someone mentioned listening to 30 min of Limbaugh. That's on my to do list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marley View Post
    did you see Rand Paul questioning Fauci the other day - he thinks it is safe for the kids to go back to school and shot stats like only X number of 5-18 yr olds died in NY so all schools should open.

As if the little ones are immune to spreading the virus. Dr. Fauci informs him that NY now has 80+ cases (an now it is >100) of children coming down with a rare and dangerous inflammatory disease

"So far, three deaths in the state have been linked to the illness, which is known as pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome and causes life-threatening inflammation in critical organs, including the heart.

Of the cases being investigated by the state, 71 percent resulted in children being admitted to intensive care units, and 43 percent of patients remained hospitalized, Mr. Cuomo said" From the NYT

Good luck to the residents of KY and thanks again for keeping Mitch and Rand in office - i am so tired of this country being held hostage by these ass hats - how much does KY take from the Federal Gvt vs adding to the economy .
    This is from Cuomo one day in April enlightening Moscow Mitch's "blue state bailout":

"NYS puts $116 billion more into the federal pot than we take out," the New York governor tweeted, referencing findings from the Rockefeller Institute of Government's 2020 analysis of federal budget receipts and expenditures nationwide. "Kentucky TAKES $148 billion more from the federal pot than they put in," Cuomo continued. "But we don't deserve help now because the 15,000 people who died here were predominantly democrats?"

I wonder how Moscow would feel if Dump spewed out his racist crap out of his sphincter hole like he did with the reporter. "Hey, Mitch. How's your wife from......GYN-Naa? But he's more worried about that uppity, classless negro who he says didn't leave a pandemic playbook when he most assuredly DID.

Rand says to Fauci that he is not the "end all" that gets to make all the decisions. StateTV assholes are saying he's an unelected elite doing everything the democrats want. And just today Dotard criticizes Fauci's warning about opening too soon as not an acceptable answer. Fauci should just tell them all "Fuck you all and the fucking white horses you rode in on. Oh, and spin on this! Oh, and go piss up a rope!"