User Tag List

Thread: Pickles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pickles

Eggs to to start, but we can include other things canned with vinegar this thread.

When the gardens begin to make we should explore the cucumber and other such picklerama.

What i have now is henchickeneggs aplenty and can only eat so many omelets in a day. So a few jugs pickled up would give some dimension to the pantry.

Who has the kickass Pickled Eggs recipe? I'm going for hot/sweet like Wickles.

I have a dozen and a half cooling now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pickles

Well, I'll give it to you the way I got it. This is a simple recipe, nothing fancy and it makes them the way I preffer which is simple and pink:

really simple. Hard boil 5 eggs. Heat a 14.5 oz can of sliced beets au jus, add 1/3 cup vinegar. Peel warm eggs, layer eggs with beets and juice in a wide mouth canning jar. I usually add fresh pepper to the beets while they heat up but I am a pepper girl. You can add assorted crap (tell me how you really feel) like a small sliced onion separated into rings. Some add pickling spices, garlic, sugar etc but I like the less is more recipe above. Yipee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pickles

Mmm beets. Mom usually has a surplus of homegrownpickled whole beets...