Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iphone 4s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default iphone 4s

i live 2mins away from an apple store and it was raining today so i got the new iphone 4s. the voice command siri fuctions are very cool. if you type "im really drunk", it will bring up the closest cab companies.

other than that, the camera is much better.

anyone else get one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: iphone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenCT View Post
    i live 2mins away from an apple store and it was raining today so i got the new iphone 4s. the voice command siri fuctions are very cool. if you type "im really drunk", it will bring up the closest cab companies.

other than that, the camera is much better.

anyone else get one?
    I'll be getting one. Gotta replace the old 3G. Changing to Verizon while I'm at it. Sick of the dropped calls on AT&T. Looking forward to the speed and good camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the fence. Probably going to wait for the 5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 3G is 3 years old. Slow with the modern software and the battery life is mediocre. Really looking forward to actually being able to reliably make telephone calls with my telephone. It's a simple concept and one I wish AT&T understood better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you. My 3g is getting painfully slow and the battery is incosistent at best. ATT service here is actually pretty good for the most part for voice - data is a different story. I really notice a drop off in service quality when I hit the west coast - service in and around SFO and LAX is downright awful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my son the 4 as soon as it was available and have been waiting for the 4s as I need the International capabilities. On line they say they wnt ship till the 28th. As such I am waiting as I will ve out of country the next coupel of weeks.
    Dovid@dhoffman.consulting

Fundamentally the marksmen aims at himself.
    -Zen in the Art of Archery

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be eligible for a corporate discount and since I'm never home I can't have home delivery. As soon as I can walk into a Verizon store and walk out with a new iPhone 4S with my number I'm doing it. If that's tomorrow in Richmond, VA I'll be on the new phone tomorrow. There's a Verizon store near our hotel and if they can help its a done deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pre-ordered because it happened to coincide with the near death of my Droid which has seen better days. It's supposed to be delivered today. Laundry is done; kitchen, living room, bedrooms and office are clean; office closet has been de-junked; old hard drives have been recovered and still I wait for UPS. I'm certain that, if I leave the house, they'll show up a few min later.
    Sean Chaney
    www.vertigocycles.com
    a peek behind the curtain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VertigoCycles View Post
    I pre-ordered because it happened to coincide with the near death of my Droid which has seen better days. It's supposed to be delivered today. Laundry is done; kitchen, living room, bedrooms and office are clean; office closet has been de-junked; old hard drives have been recovered and still I wait for UPS. I'm certain that, if I leave the house, they'll show up a few min later.
    I can almost hear the box hissing itself open as you hold it by the corners.......

I need the better camera that it offers but i'm holding out for the five in hopes that they will have on-phone photo sorting capabilities

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister pre-ordered and it was delivered today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated my 3GS to iOS5 and it is now a better phone. Much better. Not sure I will upgrade to the 4S as a result. Might just buy an iPad 2 instead. Don't need Siri as I don't drink so can drive myself home. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am SUPER-PSYCHED to have a better camera in my phone which I bring on bike rides anyway. HDR FTW imo. The camera was a factor in me pre-ordering one for sure. If only I had decided between the newly price reduced 4 and the awesomer 4s a bit sooner and today would be the day instead of next week.

p.s. If Siri works well I'll eat my droid phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually have little to no need for the "latest and greatest" technology advances.

Therefore I just got a killer deal on the now old school version of the last iteration of the iPhone 3Gs for my wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YO!!! View Post
    I usually have little to no need for the "latest and greatest" technology advances.

Therefore I just got a killer deal on the now old school version of the last iteration of the iPhone 3Gs for my wife.
    You must be using down tube shifters!

*running*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh My no... but I do use old fashion and obsolete 9 & 10 speed ;v}

I could be so much faster with DI2 and ceramic bearings on a CF frame !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apple had a chance to seduce me away from the world of Android, but they screwed it up. I already have an Ipad 2. so I just can't see making the switch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinf View Post
    Apple had a chance to seduce me away from the world of Android, but they screwed it up. I already have an Ipad 2. so I just can't see making the switch.
    I could say the exact same thing about the Motorola Droid Bionic. Tell me why I'm wrong about the 4s and I'm all ears. I had a tri-Band Motorola when the earth was still cooling and am still Motorola at heart. I want Motorola but they can't tell me why I should. Please tell me why I should Motorola instead of Apple and I will listen. After all, it seems that Android = Campagnolo and Apple = Shimano. On the bike I totally get Campagmolo. But on my phone I get Apple. Show me otherwise and I'm all eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    After all, it seems that Android = Campagnolo and Apple = Shimano. On the bike I totally get Campagmolo. But on my phone I get Apple. Show me otherwise and I'm all eyes.
    Noooooo. I think it's quite the opposite. I equate Android to being more shimanoie, maybe even SRAMy in the case of my droid eris. Their practically giving them away. On the other hand when making my decision to get an iphone this week I used a lot of the same justifications that I did when I upgraded to Campagnolo this summer. "It's more expensive, but you'll be happy you spent the extra money on a truly high quality widget with a fantastic user experience."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think the droid does certain things better (Maps, Google docs in particular) but if I had to choose one it would be Apple. Having the Ipad gives me the best of both worlds--all the best apps and Droid too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Campy is like blackberry, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast