Thread: Berkshires B & B Recs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Berkshires B & B Recs?

Hi there,

I am considering getting away for a weekend this June and would like to go somewhere beautiful, preferably with hills perhaps lakes, and places to walk. I live in Princeton, NJ and so would prefer no more than a half-way drive.
    Any recommendations from the group? Would be much appreciated. Need some refuge, R & R, and beauty.

Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Berkshires B & B Recs?

I was just on a bike ride this past Sunday in the corner of CT, NY, and MA. Gorgeous, quiet area.

I'd recommend you check into a B&B in Copake, NY, although I can't make specific recommendations. Hike or ride in the nearby Taconic State Park; there's a bike rental shop within feet of the trail and a general store for sandwiches and outside tables. Peaceful as all get-out, and a very down to earth general store.

There's also hiking near the top of Sunset Rock Road in Copake Falls. More extraordinary views.

Just up the road about 2 miles is Bash Bish Falls. A few miles further uphill and to the east is Mount Everett State Reservation with incredible views from the top.

I only mention all three locations because of the incredible bike ride through the area we had. Wait until you see the view from North Mountain Road toward Sunset Rock Road. You'd think views like this are only available to the wealthy. It's amazing to see something like this in such a "normal" neighborhood.

All these attractions are easily within a 10 mile radius.