Likes Likes:  0

Thread: IT help...Outlook 2016 and Exchange 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IT help...Outlook 2016 and Exchange 2007

IT guy set up my new work computer with Office 2016, which is incompatible with Exchange 2007, according to my Google Fu. However, it's been a while now....has anyone figured out or know of some hack to get this to work? My IT guy is saying that we need to call MS or Dell, and they're just going to say that it's an incompatibility issue.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: IT help...Outlook 2016 and Exchange 2007

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    IT guy set up my new work computer with Office 2016, which is incompatible with Exchange 2007, according to my Google Fu. However, it's been a while now....has anyone figured out or know of some hack to get this to work? My IT guy is saying that we need to call MS or Dell, and they're just going to say that it's an incompatibility issue.
    I have not dealt with an Exchange server in about 3 years but...

This is one of the many reasons it may not be working:
    Exchange 2007 End of life

Migrate to Office 365 or Hosted Exchange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: IT help...Outlook 2016 and Exchange 2007

Your IT guy should at least be able to find something like this via Google that tells exactly what he needs to know:

Error: Stop, you should wait to install Office 216. You won’t be able to receive mail from a current mailbox - Office Support (and many other hits saying the same thing).

You can downgrade to Outlook 2013 if you *need* to use Exchange 2007. If you're on a corporate Exchange server then the company should really be looking to upgrade that or migrate to Office 365 of Hosted Exchange as mentioned above. I ditched our Exchange 2003 server and moved the office to Hosted Exchange about a year ago and it's worked great for us. Also, Outlook Web Access is miles better than it was in the past.

As you surmised, calling MS or Dell won't get you anything other than being told what you already know - that the two are incompatible.